Sign in to follow this  
chabrier

Inherent flaw of FSX to give too much ground friction?

Lower slipping friction means the whole aircraft sliding sideways.

And that's exactly what happens, for at least a half second before the pilot starts *slowly* turning the nose to line up with the runway. Can't turn it quickly, you've got passengers to coddle. Visualize an airliner landing with the nose pointing 10 to 15 degrees off the runway.

This is all very interesting but must you have a knowledge of Lua, whatever that is? Sounds like something for programming whizz kids!

Looks like it will be set up so you only have to fill in some values, same as any other config file. No programming knowledge required. Pete's done a good job with this.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

OK mr stupid questions again.

I have registered version FSUIP4.

I want FSUIP4 to inject the new values for me without me having to manually changing sim1.dll

I want these values for ALL planes. not different values for each plane. I am more then happy with current adjusted values of Johann for all planes.

So as I understand, then I only need to use FSUIP4 latest (4859j)

and I add this entry in ini file.

-under [General] section added the entry

PatchSIM1friction=Yes

but delete this one from the ini file - that I initially added (and remove the frictions.lua file - that I initially added)

-under [LuaFiles] section I added entry for friction

20=Frictions ** note 20 is my next available number

Sorry for my stupidity, but I try and get my mind around the lua part. (as i understand for my requirements it is not necessary to use the frictions.lua file and its corresponding entries in the ini file, if I want to use the adjusted patch for ALL planes.

BUT

if I want to adjust per plane, I use the master "friction.lua" and I create for each plane its own lua file and then that will be linked to key for each

plane, and the "patchsim1friction" entry then become obsolete - you remove that ONE.

This is all very interesting but must you have a knowledge of Lua

No, not really at all. The lines setting the different friction coefficients are all the same. Just look earlier inthe thread where I posted an example. There are defined words for the type of friction ("class", like WHEEL, SKID, SKI and so on), whether it is sideways ("SLIPPING") or not ("ROLLING"). What the surface is ("TARMAC", "ASPHALT", "SAND", "WATER", etc), and its condition ("DRY", "RAIN" "ICE", "SNOW"). It's just a way of specifying values, thst's all. There's no actual programming involved, unless you want to follow Geoff's suggestions and work on things like real-time Brake Pad wear simulation, Tyre wear simulation, Brake failure simulation, Brake fade at high brake temperatures, and Random ICE patches on Runways in cold weather.

Just look at the example. You'll see what I mean. you don't even need to know what the numbers mean (no one does anyway).. They are just values betwen 0 and 1 which govern the degree of whatever it is. Think of 0 as none, and 1 as 100%.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Looks like it will be set up so you only have to fill in some values, same as any other config file. No programming knowledge required. Pete's done a good job with this.

Hook

I have absolutely no doubt he has done a good job, but where do I mess with it? (or probably, mess it up)

I've inserted the Patchsimdll=1 into the ini file, I think I'd best leave it at that. I only fly light aircraft so will that do me? :unsure:

Sorry Pete, I was typing too slowly. Question is, where do I find the file to edit? My head, my head!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I have registered version FSUIP4.

I want FSUIP4 to inject the new values for me without me having to manually changing sim1.dll

I want these values for ALL planes. not different values for each plane. I am more then happy with current adjusted values of Johann for all planes.

So as I understand, then I only need to use FSUIP4 latest (4859j)

and I add this entry in ini file.

-under [General] section added the entry

PatchSIM1friction=Yes

Yes. And this will be the same for unregistered users too.

but delete this one from the ini file - that I initially added (and remove the frictions.lua file - that I initially added)

-under [LuaFiles] section I added entry for friction

20=Frictions ** note 20 is my next available number

It is NEVER necessary to edit that section, but you do not need to delte anything at all. It won't do anything as it is. It takes more, which you've not yet done.

if I want to adjust per plane, I use the master "friction.lua" and I create for each plane its own lua file and then that will be linked to key for each

plane, and the "patchsim1friction" entry then become obsolete - you remove that ONE.

You need to actively link it to a plane or profile by using the Profiles and then set the approapriately changed Lua file to load for that profile. This'll be second nature to folks already using profiles for other things like buttons and axes, but if you aren't one of those best read up a little first And it isn't necessary to remove the "patchsim1friction" parameter. That would still set those values as default, though they'd be lost as soon as one of the Lua plug-ins with ftictions being set was actually run.

Pete

I have absolutely no doubt he has done a good job, but where do I mess with it? (or probably, mess it up)

I've inserted the Patchsimdll=1 into the ini file, I think I'd best leave it at that. I only fly light aircraft so will that do me? :unsure:

It won't do anything, actually. You have it wrong. It's "patchsim1friction=Yes"

Sorry Pete, I was typing too slowly. Question is, where do I find the file to edit? My head, my head!

All the FSUIPC files are in the FS Modules folder. Nowhere else. They've always been there. The INI file is the configuration settings file.

Pete

Yes I did put "patchsim1friction=Yes" in the .ini. I just couldn't remember the correct name offhand.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Brake Wear, Tyre Wear Simulation? So finally FSX will be able to simulate the airplane I fly in Real Life :lol:

The fact that this has to be done by the user doesn't make me happy, I won't try messing with my Ultra Realistic Airbus addon with something that can make things go bad pretty quickly. I think the best option FSUIPC will enable us is to set it by airplane, so General Aviation Yes, Ultra Realistic 70 dollar Addon, No.

Alexis Mefano

Brake Wear, Tyre Wear Simulation? So finally FSX will be able to simulate the airplane I fly in Real Life :lol:

The fact that this has to be done by the user doesn't make me happy, I won't try messing with my Ultra Realistic Airbus addon with something that can make things go bad pretty quickly. I think the best option FSUIPC will enable us is to set it by airplane, so General Aviation Yes, Ultra Realistic 70 dollar Addon, No.

Any "ultra-realistic" addon has to use the flawed dll, so ground friction will never be realistic no matter how much money you pay.

• Upvote 1

4859j failing

System is FSX/Acceleration ( I have p3d on a different system - new fsuipc works fine) - install and add PatchSIM1friction=yes in [general] section. Start FSX - get trusted module request - FSX load fails with error

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: FSUIPC4.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.8.5.9

Fault Module Timestamp: 50c070d4

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0001c4b3

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

logfile:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.859j by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=68900000

User Name="victor baron"

User Addr="vgbaron@hotmail.com"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

16 System time = 06/12/2012 17:27:28

16 FLT UNC path = "\\BLAZER\Users\Vic\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

16 Hook Error: can't find .37 in SIM1.dll

16 Hook Error: can't find .37 in VISUALFX.dll

47 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

47 FS UNC path = "F:\FSX\"

265 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Don't forget that any changes made by FSUIPC are only done at run time, they aren't permanent, and you can undo it as fast as you did it. In fact just change the INI file or Lua whilst FS is running and reload the aircraft (or, actually, load a different one first then back, so it sees the change).

Regards

Pete

4859j failing

Please use the Support Forum for support.

Pete

4859j

logfile:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.859j by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=68900000

User Name="*********"

User Addr="****************"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

16 System time = 06/12/2012 17:27:28

16 FLT UNC path = "\\BLAZER\Users\Vic\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

16 Hook Error: can't find .37 in SIM1.dll

16 Hook Error: can't find .37 in VISUALFX.dll

47 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

47 FS UNC path = "F:\FSX\"

265 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

Peter,

Does FSUIPC do some patching of VISUALFX.dll as well ?

Okay. FSUIPC 4.859j is now available in the Download Links subforum in my Support Forum.

Cannot find it? Could we have a link please.

EDIT:

Just found this link

http://fs-mp.com/sim1/

works

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip