Sign in to follow this  
Bilal2104

I would like a nice route please?

hello guys,

it's been a long time since i have been on this forum making a post and i would just like some opinions from fellow flight simmers. my question is i would like to do a flight preferably 3-4 hours, im going to take the ngx on this route but cant think of a nice route to take...Lol. every time i fly i always stay in England flying to heathrow from Manchester and this gets really boring. so may i have some suggestions on what route you guys take that are 3-4 hours long, many thanks.

p.s could it be possible if the suggestion could be a 3-4 hour route from any country but i would like to land in England preferably Manchester, gatwick or heathrow.

thank you.

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

Hi B)

Come to Moscow ( UUEE or UUDD )

You could also fly south to Ibiza (LEIB) or Gibraltar ( LXGB )

You should also fly TO those place ;) not only From, it's twice the fun.

hi,

thanks for the reply, hmm Gibraltar seems interesting might take that option.

many thanks.

From UK :

Gibraltar (LXGB)

Madira (LPMA)

Canairy Island..more than 1 airport in the area

Corfu (LGKR)

Athens (LGAV) (a little longer than 4H, depends on winds)

And if the winds are in favour you might be able to push for the greek island in 4H (Santorini, Kos,Heraklion,Mykonos, ect)

You could also look at the departures from the airport you wish to go from and pick a realworld flight.

Welcome, or welcome back!

Download and install VATSPY, even if you don't fly on VATSIM. Then look for the airports that other pilots are flying to. Reason? They are often the larger airports, and often have excellent freeware scenery available (which you can get from the AVSIM Library or other websites.

Download and install the free version of VRoute, from which you can obtain many flightplans. The pay version allows you to create and save flightplans for all PMDG aircraft, allowing you to pull up the flightplan as a saved route in the NGX FME (CDU).

Download and install the FSX freeware scenery. Note please that when there isn't FSX scenery available for your selected airport, some of the FS9 scenery might very well work, especially if it was released after 2008 (I'm just not going into the detail as to why, easier just to give the date). There are also some FSX modifications for existing FS9 scenery.

In the 3-4 hour range that you provided, I recommend the following incredible freeware airports (by no means a complete list):

LKPR Prague

EDDL Dusseldorf

LIRF Rome

LIRN Naples

ESSA Stockholm

EKCH Copenhagen

LTBA Istanbul

LPPT Lison

LGAV Athens

EPWA Warsaw

LSZH Zurich

LEMD (detailed default FSX airport as well)

LFPG (detailed default FSX airport as well)

LOWI (detailed default FSX airport as well)

EDDF (highly modified and somewhat custom default FSX airport)

If you're interested in making flights with guys from Britan, other European countries and the U.S., please visit us at the OVPA group site here in AVSIM. We'd love to make a flight with you and/or introduce you to VATSIM. You may also PM me for additional information.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

hello,

many thanks for the reply's guys. i just did a 3 hour flight from Ibiza to Garrick in the 737-800 ngx Thomson cook. was great planned all carefully. on approach 2 reds to whites as well as a smooth cat 111. many thanks for taking an interest in this post and thank you Dave for all those suggestions, a matter of fact i have been using vatsim for over 3 years. seems interesting about the ovpa group and would like to learn more about it. thank you Clarke for the reply will check out the link now mate.

many thanks.

Now that Skyvector has world coverage it is really easy for anyone to make their own routes. I find that as part of the fun/challenge of flying complex FS aircraft. http://skyvector.com/

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

London to Torino Caselle LIMF (though not three hours) is a good one (especially if you have good Alps scenery). You will need 1:50 chocks to chocks. Add on to that, time for all your check lists.

You come in high over the Alps at around FL230 drop out of the sky to alt 4,000 turn and make your approach to land.

You'l need your spoilers out all the way until you establish.

Athens to London is a great flight going over many countries. Great payware sceneries at both ends.

hi,

many thanks for the suggestions guys, looks very exciting from all offers. im of to fly the ngx for about a 3-4 hour flight probably from Athens to London as BA757 suggested.

many thanks.