Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

Virtual cockpit too large on 3 monitors 680gtx

Hello, wonder if anyone can help as this is driving me mad.

Have a new PC running 3 screens and using a track ir pro, Nvidia 680GTX Resolution is 5760 x 1080 x 32

Spans across the 3 screens ok, but the Virtual Cockpit is Huge even when I go to .30 Zoom. Track Ir allows me to reduc it a bit but then the seat gets in the way

Any way of making vc smaller, so i can see more on screen and out the window

My monitors support up to 1920 x 1080

Thanks for any advise

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

the only thing i can suggest is to move back a bit.

I always use a combination of zoom and distance from yoke to get it just right, zoom alone does'nt do it for me.

I have 3 monitors and this was always a huge pill for me, one that I had to keep revisiting all the blasted time. I got EZDoc...problem solved and the multiple views was a gigantic bonus.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I also have a triple-monitor setup.

If you haven't done this already, open your fsx.cfg file and change “WideViewAspect=False” to “WideViewAspect=True”

You will also want to make changes to your airport light settings (otherwise the lights will be too big at night). See the following info:

http://www.simstop.c...lighting-tweak/

Finally, if you use 2D cockpit or panels you'll find they're messed up when using a multi-monitor setup. To correct the default aircrafts' panels for use with triple-monitor setup, look for George V. Trovato's file, "fsx-triplewide-panels_defaultac.zip" in the library.

• Upvote 2

If you haven't done this already, open your fsx.cfg file and change “WideViewAspect=False” to “WideViewAspect=True”

Have to agree with that. I watched a whole tutorial (can't locate it at the moment) that spent about 20 minutes explaining how to set it up and why. In the end, you just make that adjustment and then set your zoom to about 1 (plus or minus...remember, seats move...some pilots have longer legs). EZDoc has made the tweaking very simple in terms of sitting higher up (read...cushion under your rear end), lower down, panning, turning to see out the side window, peripheral vision (a wider view if I want to see more of the cockpit)...stuff like that.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Thank you all. Gregg does Ezdoc. Allow you to pan back and see more of the

control panel without the back of the seat etc getting in the way.

If so sounds like a sound investment ?

Quest 2

Windows 11

sorry also meant to ask do you need to be in windowed mode for ezdoc? Regards

Quest 2

Windows 11

Thank you all. Gregg does Ezdoc. Allow you to pan back and see more of the

control panel without the back of the seat etc getting in the way.

If so sounds like a sound investment ?

You can set up many views to look at the area of the panel you want...or anything else. I have several views of my cockpits as well as different views outside. I map those to keystrokes or control buttons. You can do that with views outside too. It's like a bunch of virtual cameras...each with its own position, zoom and angle of view. I've heard raves that it works well with Track IR though I hung up mine when I got it. They have videos that explain what you need to do to get it set up right. No, you don't need to be in windowed mode. It works the same whether you're in windowed mode or full screen.

Gregg Seipp

“WideViewAspect=False” to “WideViewAspect=True”

+1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yep, had that issue as well. No matter how much I zoomed in or out, even the wideviewaspect did not work to my satisfaction. When I switched my Nvidia Surround system to Prepar3D all issues were solved. Perfect aspect ration in my VC's without having to adjust anything. VC in wraparound is now the only way I fly.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I have widescreen set to True

Clutch I assume you mean you dont use FSX to fly?

Gregg sounds like thats the way to go, Is it eay to set up I am getting on a bit now ;-(

Also once set up[ does it work for all planes?

Cheers

Quest 2

Windows 11

Gregg sounds like thats the way to go, Is it eay to set up I am getting on a bit now ;-(

Also once set up[ does it work for all planes?

You do need to watch the videos but I didn't have any problem at all. It works for all planes that I have (PMDG, Milviz, Carenado, default).

Gregg Seipp

Thanks Gregg will probably go for it

Really appreciate your help, just watched the videos

Quest 2

Windows 11

SOLVED !i was changing the cfg file to

WideViewAspect=True

in the location

C:\Users\Steve\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

didnt know there was a cfg file also at

C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

and that is what needs to be changed !!

Looks great now !

Thanks for all your suggestions

Quest 2

Windows 11

I apologize if this is a dumb question.  I've looked everywhere for the answer.  I just installed 2 additional monitors to my system, so now I have 3.  They appear to be working fine in Windows8.  However, in Flight Simulator X, I can create new windows and move them to the other 2 monitors.  However, using EZDoc, I'm unable to move around the cockpit except for the main monitor.  Shouldn't all 3 monitors be "locked" so they all change when moving around?

Thanks.

Greg