Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ricklovin93

Which airports have fuel?

Im parked in laguardia looking for my next destination before flying over the atlantic. im probably looking to head up into the maine area before crossing over, how can i tell if any of the airports on the "map" have fuel stations?

Richard Hoole

8252439815_e6074e2c71_m.jpg

What "map" are you referring to? Within FSX or air charts like these?

If it's the latter, you're looking for any airfield within a circle that has little squares sticking out at 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees. These ticks denote an airfield with services like fuel (see here in the sectional key). FSX does a good job providing services where they do and do not exist in real life. Any major airport will have fuel of course, this symbol is mainly for smaller airports (no runway greater than 8096ft)

If it's the former, I think the FSX map follows the same symbolism but I'm not sure I don't use it much to be honest.

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

You can select any airport in the free flight set-up window, then open the drop-down list of start positions to see if there is a fuel box.

Drew is right, the FSX map symbols are small, but they do do indicate where fuel is available as on the real charts.

Art

i found out (a little to late) that in the gps you can see if there is fuel service there now im stuck in new brunswick with less than half of my fuel, looks like the trip to europe is going to have to wait lol

Richard Hoole

8252439815_e6074e2c71_m.jpg

I have a program called Destination Finder which is fantastic for that, it allows you to specify distance, parking, service, direction, runway length, in fact pretty much anything and find suitable airports. Even better it is free...... Try a search for it, pm me if you can't find it.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

the free demo of IF will filter all the airports with or without fuel parking from the entire set including your addon scenery...

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

22%
    $5,540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now