Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

Sweet FX

Can someone help me out , after putting SWTFX files under FS9 folder do I disable AA from CCC and FS9 ?

Should Supersampling be enabled or disabled in CCC ?

Please help.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Can't seem to get crisp output

Hi Folks,

Win 7x64 - DirectX 11 - FS9.1

First time through with SweetFX - using 1.5.1 - I followed the install guide which stated to copy all files in the zip - maintaining the directory structure - into your main game folder that includes the game executable... Did that into my main FS9 folder - went to start FS9 leaving all the SweetFX files unaltered... FS9 won't start... Error pops up stating (you don't have Direct X loaded and to go and install it)... Obviously I do have Direct X loaded as FS9 was functioning fine prior to the SweetFX install and if I remove the SweetFX files - FS9 runs normally again...

Am I missing something ??? This seemed pretty straight forward...

Any ideas ???

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Guys checkout "eFX" it contains both DX9/10/11  and Opengl shaders. I have downloaded it. I will plainly use it only for XPX but I am going to try this in FS9 first.

Edited by Jeff H
I see that CeeJay is working to integrate SweetFX with eFX, so I've gone ahead and added this post back to the discussion. Cheers :o)

Hi Folks,

Win 7x64 - DirectX 11 - FS9.1

First time through with SweetFX - using 1.5.1 - I followed the install guide which stated to copy all files in the zip - maintaining the directory structure - into your main game folder that includes the game executable... Did that into my main FS9 folder - went to start FS9 leaving all the SweetFX files unaltered... FS9 won't start... Error pops up stating (you don't have Direct X loaded and to go and install it)... Obviously I do have Direct X loaded as FS9 was functioning fine prior to the SweetFX install and if I remove the SweetFX files - FS9 runs normally again...

Am I missing something ??? This seemed pretty straight forward...

Any ideas ???

Regards,

Scott

Scott, did you get this figured out?  Are you using the configurator, or using SweetFX alone?

Cheers,

Jeff

What the !

please give me SweetFX settings i will run it in FS9 , those shots on the previous page looks just great.

See the freaking clarity

how does he do that ? it's mentioned sweetfx.

Hi Iron,

That's my vid with SweetFX.  The only feature I enabled was Technicolor.  You can also get great image quality by using both Technicolor and Vibrancy together.

Not sure what you meant by crisp output.  If you're talking about the ground textures, I modified 3 lines in the cfg which eliminated most of the blurries.

Don't bother using FS9's built in AA.  You can use AA with your CCC or SweetFX.  If you want to use it on SFX, disable AA in FS9 and CCC.  Better to stay away from Supersampling due to massive fps hit.

The AA in SFX is not bad.   You can try 8x or 4x Multisampling in CCC and compare that to the AA from SFX.  Heavy clouds will demand more AA which will affect fps.

Hi Iron,

That's my vid with SweetFX.  The only feature I enabled was Technicolor.  You can also get great image quality by using both Technicolor and Vibrancy together.

Not sure what you meant by crisp output.  If you're talking about the ground textures, I modified 3 lines in the cfg which eliminated most of the blurries.

Don't bother using FS9's built in AA.  You can use AA with your CCC or SweetFX.  If you want to use it on SFX, disable AA in FS9 and CCC.  Better to stay away from Supersampling due to massive fps hit.

The AA in SFX is not bad.   You can try 8x or 4x Multisampling in CCC and compare that to the AA from SFX.  Heavy clouds will demand more AA which will affect fps.

Hi,

Looks very nice the vid. I found one more injector it is called "eFX" (I did post about it here but somehow it has not shown up) . The thing has real time control , though I have installed it in FS9 there is some effect but that control panel is not yet showing up. Got to see what the problem is.

What 3 lines have you changed in the .cfg ?

...(I did post about it here but somehow it has not shown up) . The thing has real time control , though I have installed it in FS9 there is some effect but that control panel is not yet showing up. Got to see what the problem is.

Your post was removed for being off topic.  This thread is about SweetFX and your previous post added nothing to that discussion.  If you want to discuss other injector software, feel free to post it in a new topic.  Hijacking this thread to do so is inappropriate.

Regards,

Jeff 

Your post was removed for being off topic. 

Regards,

Jeff 

Ah ok.

Scott, did you get this figured out?  Are you using the configurator, or using SweetFX alone?

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

There is an "configurator" ??? LOL - no - I just copied the 1.5 files into my root FS9 directory - similiar to ENB... I tried everything I could think of - no luck... I can't even get to the FS9 splash screen - the Direct X error pops up immediately - I'm DIW (Dead In the Water)...

;)

Regards,

Scott

Ok Scott, first thing to do is download this file.  It has the configurator as well as version 1.5.1 of SweetFX.

http://ge.tt/api/1/files/64SMJpf/7/blob?download

Unzip (unRAR) that file to your FS9 root directory.  You should see SweetFX 1-5-1 Configurator in the FS9 root directory. Before you do anything else, make sure you remove any of the previous files from SweetFX that you may have put in your FS9 root directory.  Next, open the SweetFX 1-5-1 Configurator folder and click on the SweetFX config.exe file.  In the lefthand pane, click on Add new game, navigate to your FS9.exe file and click on that to add it to the game list. Click once on the file name in the game list.  On the right side you should see a button that says Add SweetFX, click on that.  You should now see the middle window populated with the various SweetFX options.  For now, clear any checks out of the boxes in the top, middle window.  Then look for the button on the bottom that says Save new config and click on that.  Now try to run FS.  It should startup normally now.  After all this, you can go back to the configurator and tweak to your heart's content.  :)  Make sure to check out the buttons on the right so you can get comfortable with them and what they do for you. 

Hope this helps.  Let me know how it works out.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the help... LOL - OK - you guys are killing me - though... I'm the only one that can't get this thing to run and I'm an IT guy by trade ??? I had ENB loaded previously and it worked fine... I removed ENB and installed SweetFX as per your instructions... The configurator runs - I select the FS9 executable - and - I tell it to install SweetFX... The screen brings up the dialog where you can set all the various SweetFX parameters - I hit SAVE to save the config... I try to launch FS9 I get an immediate error - no splash screen - just the Direct X error listed below...

The ERROR message specifically reference Dx9 - both my machines appear to have Dx11 loaded - could that be my problem ??? The SweetFX documentaion states it supports Dx9, Dx10, and Dx11...

I've tried running as "admin"

I've tried FS9 windowed mode

I made sure my antialias was turned off in FS9...

I've tried this on two separate machines - one with Win7x64 the other with Win Vistax32

No change and same result on BOTH machines... I don't know what else to try...

SweetFX

2014-01-2218_24_05-SweetFXConfigurator_z

ERROR MESSAGE

2014-01-2218_24_14-ERROR-FS9_zps2f653c30

DXdiag

2014-01-2218_23_51-DirectXDiagnosticTool

Regards,
Scott

Hi,

Looks very nice the vid. I found one more injector it is called "eFX" (I did post about it here but somehow it has not shown up) . The thing has real time control , though I have installed it in FS9 there is some effect but that control panel is not yet showing up. Got to see what the problem is.

What 3 lines have you changed in the .cfg ?

If you're able to get eFX to work nicely in FS9, please start a new thread on it with a few screens.  Would be nice to see how it looks compared to the other stuff.

These are the lines I've modified.  I know a lot of people use these values.  Makes a huge difference in my set up.  Eliminates the pixelated ground in the distance when reaching a few thousand feet and pushes the blurries further out.

No change and same result on BOTH machines... I don't know what else to try...

Look for the older version of SweetFX where you don't do any installation.  You just drop a dozen or so files into your main FS9 folder.

If you're able to get eFX to work nicely in FS9, please start a new thread on it with a few screens.  Would be nice to see how it looks compared to the other stuff.

These are the lines I've modified.  I know a lot of people use these values.  Makes a huge difference in my set up.  Eliminates the pixelated ground in the distance when reaching a few thousand feet and pushes the blurries further out.

I still haven't been able to get eFX working, but will open a new thread when it works.

Hey which 3 lines ? don't see it in the post

I still haven't been able to get eFX working, but will open a new thread when it works.

Hey which 3 lines ? don't see it in the post

So sorry about that.  I must have forgotten to paste it.  I think it's actually 4 lines under [TERRAIN].  There was a discussion about this last year and I remember some people got great results.  But, as always, ymmv.

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1

TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.000000

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.900000

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4