Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

Desktop folder with Registry keys

A Documents folder with Flight SimulatorFiles and registry keys has appeared on my desktop; I am wonderring what to do with it? Very insecure about it???

URL=http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj107/berlopez/?action=view&current=registrykeys.jpg]th_registrykeys.jpg[/url]

registrykeys.jpg

This link probably works better...

Best regards,

Jim

It looks like Registry Editor 5.0 created several registry entries and placed them into your My Documents/Flight sim folder. They are safe to delete.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm still wonderring JIm? Why were these entries created in my documents folder? I have deleted the entire folder; Checked and everything seems to be in working order.

Could it be another mystery of Windoes 7 Pro ?

berlopez

I've never seen anything like this before but it looks like it replicated your fsx registry keys and saved them to your My Documents\FlightSimulatorXFiles folder. Hopefully by now you have ran a malware program and an anti-virus program if you have one installed. Do you own Registry Editor 5.0? Perhaps you hit a function of the program to replicate all keys regarding FSX and didn't realize it until you opened up your lists of directories. If you do not own Registry Editor 5.0, then you definitely should have some concerns. Did you use it as a Registry Cleaner? CCleaner is a better tool IMHO. I can't find anything on the Internet where this issue has occurred in the past.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello

They are just CCleaner registry backups taken when CCleaner cleans the registry, Have you or anyone with access to the machine used CCleaner ?

I have CCLeaner installed, I use it regularly, Lately I realized it was set to do something,during the scan and it begna to give me problems with my MSE antivirus, I had to reinstall it very often,Till I found CCLeaner was set (Ticked default to scan something to do with antivirus, I unticked it and now I don't have the problem of havig to reinatall it anymore.

berlopez

Thanks MadDog. I didn't realize CCleaner did this. That explains a lot! I use Advanced System Care to do my cleaning.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I have to say I had a suspicion CCleaner was responsible for something or other, Being a computer novice I contacted MS Support regarding the installtion and deinstalltion of MSE; The supporter replied it had absolutely nothing to do with CCleaner, but that maybe instead part of the original program that hadn't uninstalled,since one has to use a special tool to uninstall it. CCleaner checks MS SEcurity Client and I got suspicious it was this that was having and influence on the installtion; Since I unticked I have haven't had the problems again, I reported to the supporter...But since haven't heard again from him?

berlopez

( Why are all these replies from you good people ending up on my Junk mail box?).

I downloaded Advance System Care last night (Free) to try and see if this is better than CCleaner, run it by default install has kept my MSE Anti virus Cleaned throughout what it's supposed to do...So far so good.

berlopez

I've used the payware Advanced System Care for a few years now and run it at least weekly. Does a great job. It has a program called Uninstaller2 too which uninstalls your software then you can have it look in your registry and for leftover files on your computer and delete them too (if you want).

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

HI JIm I down loaded the free version; It has the uninstaller program as well v2.4; Preatty much like CCLeaner also has an uninstaller; I've run it a couple of time by now; I do a lot of surffing. Wonder now if I should keep CCleaner or delete it or keep both + my MS antivirus; I grown paraid of everythig since I got hit by the mcAfee Bug last year; It cost me a brand new computer, despite fornatting and reformatting it was never the same...Ever again. I was refunded less than 70 US for theire Gooff.

berlopez :(

I see Mr. McAfee, the original developer of McAfee was arrested today in Guatumala for a murder he was suspected of committing a couple months ago. Now you know where your money went.... :lol:

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Funny,I was just commentting last night with a simmer friend about Mr. mcAfee; Took me 9 months of literally PESTERRING them to cover the costs of repair of my computer ( It was never the same again)

Finally after back and forth e-mail and forms of all size,shapes and colors I was granted teh amount,which was a pety amount considered by some, For me it was the principle that applied here, more than the money (60 US).

Since the I keep well away from anythinng mcAfee related

berlopez