Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Indonesia scenery help

I have a very good scenery of Frans Kasiepo International airport (WABB) which I got from this site www.bdoaviation.com/scenery/scenery.php?id=17

The problem is I think there is missing a flatten file or flatten line in the scenery cfg file. I say I think it needs a flatten because from the centerline of the runway all the way over to the water the ground looks like it's in shadow. Plus there are some default gound poking though on the terminal side of the airport near runway 11.

I don't see this problem in screenshots I have seen of this airport. Can anyone help me out with this scenery?

The link that I posted above does not seem to work. Try this link http://www.bdoaviation.com/

Did you check if they released a service pack for it? The ground poking through sounds like a mesh issue. Did you install any mesh terrain?

As far as I know Bdoaviation makes some solid products. I plan to get their Soekarno Hatta and Juanda in the next few weeks.

I have that scenery but do not have any problems with it on my system. Are you sure you do not have some old afcad or scenery for that area?

Graeme Butler

Oh my. I just visited their site and saw all the freeware add ons. Can't wait to Install Bali.

Are their freeware stuff easy to install? Do they come with an automatic installer?

The only other Indonesia scenery I have install is Bali (WADD) and Elt Tari (WATT). Both are made by bdoaviation. I don't have any mesh for Indonesia installed.

I did download and installed the scenery again, but still the same results so I don't think there was a service pack issued. When I installed the scenery I made the exe file install it to a dummy folder then I manually installed the scenery into FS9. Maybe that is causing the problem?

The installer only makes a scenery folder and a texture folder for the airport so moving the folders to FS9 shouldn't be a problem right?

Not sure. But you might want to try re-installing by letting the application install the scenery into the FS9 folder. As far as I know, my payware add ons tell me to let it install into the main FS9 folder.

If you do that, I think you have to delete the ones you placed into FS9 manually first.

Might want to wait until someone who knows more than me chimes in. Good to know they include an installer.

I have the Soekarno Hatta. It is easy in the eyes but light on the fps. It comes with both fs9 and fsx and AES supported (2.24). There are tons of free indonesian scenery, including Java Mesh, Jakarta Skyscraper, Irian jaya Mesh, volcanos, Airfields and road, city and other landmarks scenery and enormous airports, you can get them on www.indoflyer.net. Registering only takes less than 5 minutes.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am going to keep a eye out on this thread to see if anyone has more suggestions. I am also going to wait before I do anything until I hear back from bdoaviation (I emailed them about this a few days ago).

Quraisy!,

Thanks for the link. I will definitely be getting some stuff from there as I build up my sceneries for Indonesia.

Got a question for those of you who already have the BDO Bali airport. I downloaded it but the instructions is not very clear or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Here's what it says... Installation :

- Copy extraction of file to "Flight simulator 9\addon scenery"

- copy "AP978350.BGL" to "Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Asia\scenery" (don't forget to backup the original file)

- Activate the scenery on your scenery library

- enjoy your flight

Well, after extraction, I ended up with two folders plus the readme file. I got the texture and scenery folders. Do I place both of them into the FS9/addon scenery folder?

Also, I can't find the AP978350.BGL file.

Can anyone who have this installed tell me how you were able to do it?

I already installed the Biak airport and it was very easy because it came with an installer.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Well I finally heard back from bdoaviation about my problem with the Frans Kasiepo scenery. They know about the problem with the scenery. They said to turn off my "ground scenery cast shadows" option until there is a fix. And that is fine for me, I don't fly to this airport a lot antway.