Sign in to follow this  
Guest drobson

um yea, strange email from microsoft

hi, I got this strange email from MS today with the return address "support@microsoft.com". Whats real weird is I havent sent an email to MS pertaining to anything since about 6 months ago and that wasent even to MS support it was to the Flight simulator development team via the fs insider website, a wishlist for fs2004 which I sent 6 months ago not expecting any sort of reply. Heres the email, it says "The information is in the attached file." but there is no attached file.... I don't think its a prank or a virus because ive scanned the email for viruses and nothing shows up. I highly dought its anything pertaining to Fs in any way.... Why would they want to spend time away from working on Fs2004 to contact me personally after an email I sent to them 6 months ago.---------------------------------------------------------------------From: support@microsoft.com To: ups767300@earthlink.netSubject: Re: My detailsAll information is in the attached file. --------------------------------------------------------------Thats it thats all I got in the email one strange sentence without an attached file. Just in case it was anything important I sent a reply saying I think they forgot to attach the file. ;-)Andrew

It is a virus making the rounds DO NOT OPEN IT!!!!Check out the various website such as symantec etc... they all have alerts on this one.Don't open it.

hi,I never opened the attachment, and I double scanned my hard drive for worms with updated virus databases. I don't think I have it since nothing shows up as a virus or worm. I also have just checked with trend micros free online virus checker. So fortunately I don't have it whew ;-) I read that its set to expire May 30,2003? What happens when it expires? Does it start destroying system files? Please enlighten me. :-) As far as i know I don't have it but the last thing I want to have is a screwed up computer so close to fs2004, not to mention everytime I reinstall Windows ME all h_ll breaks loose for some reason and i end up reformatting. :-(Andrew

Guest Vulcho

I got it too. Deleted it without opening the attachment.

Guest drobson

Yep, it's a forged e-mail address with a virus attached. I received it in my Yahoo account, and it did, in fact, find a virus.Darrell