Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

Please look what I have built!

Hi Guys,

I am feeling like a kid in a toy store-I thought I will share my excitement with you.

Over the last 6 months I have been very busy trying to make a 737 NG overhead and a glare shield.

I have almost completed my task and I thought I will share my results with you.

It may inspire someone else to do the same.

The attached two photos show the overhead and the glare shield I have built from ply wood and standard components available from rapid electronic in the UK.

The images of the panels are resized photos printed in high quality on a standard printer and stuck on the ply wood with good quality silicone glue.

I haven’t connected any LEDs-at the moment I do not know how to connect these. Any help with these will be welcomed. I need to know how to wire these.

The overhead has all the buttons soldered and connected to Leo Bodnar BU0836X. All the button assignment has been done using LINDA 1.11.

I have placed extra buttons on the glare shield –looking from the left hand side, things like TCAS, speed brakes lever, hand brakes push button, engine start levers and the flaps control.

I have used off the self knobs-I could not find any cheap Boeing like knobs.I have the goflight MCP and EFIS.

The overhead sits on top of the monitor and the glare shield hangs under it.

I hope this little project will inspire someone else to build a similar set up-for more information you can email me. I will be happy to send all the resized photos, components list etc.

I would like to thank Michel (Mive1957) from the Avsim forum; It was Michel’s panel that inspired me. Michel helped me with lots of issues I had along the way. Thank you.

I would also like to say thank you to Guenter for the LINDA interface. Nothing would been possible without this.

And finally a big thank you to my wife for putting up with my ‘childish’ hobby-according to her!

Qas

Very impressive. Looks very nice. Hopefully someone can help you with the electrical.

Wow, this is really great and crazy!!! :lol:

Good work!

Do not forget to thank Artem, he is the main head behind LINDA. I make just some modules ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies Artem-I did not know this. Many thanks for LINDA.

When you get the time, can you please write few more commands-I have some un-assigned buttons on the ovh.

Qas

Yes, Qas, I have them in mind.

Could you plase simply list them all here in this topic, please?

thanks

Guenter Steiner

Hi Guenter

can you please do the following 3 commands.

1 The ALT HORN CUTOUT

2 Rotary control for various power selction( the knob above the battery on/off)

3 Rotary conrol for power selection next to the above .

Many thanks

Qas

Merry Xmas!

module version 1.9

Guenter Steiner

Just noticed this!!!!

Wow

and merry Christmas to you too. Many Many thanks for this.

all the best.

Very, very cool. I am very envious...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

sorry, that it took such a long time ...

Guenter Steiner