Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

I wouldn't bother, Windows 7 users are also reporting this problem and your 250 euros will have been wasted.

No problems for me on Windows 7. I even went back to it from 8 after this issue started.

Chuck Biggins

Same problem to me with a Speedlink Black Widow joystick, today i could not even get airborne.

I think, the only possibility will be a second harddisk with a new Windows 7 Professional as second OS, which will cost me together some 250 € :-(

Best regards

Read through this thread and configure your controller through FSUIPC, that's 30 € instead of 250 €.

and well spent too. ;)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Read through this thread and configure your controller through FSUIPC, that's 30 € instead of 250 €.

and well spent too. ;)

Thx for your recommendations, I've just registered my FSUIPC-Version and am now hard working on that...it's not very easy ;-)

Best regards, Jürgen

No, it's not exactly straightforward. The manual is a bit of a pain to read and follow.

Let us know if you have questions though.

Flew 2 hours last night and still no disconnects on WIN 8. I consider the disconnect issue on my rig fixed and attribute it to a manual removal of the default Windows drivers for my Cyborg joystick and then manually installing the MadCatz drivers as recomended on their website. Cheers jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Hello guys,

I'm also experiencing these annoying joystick issues. :mad:

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 B3 Revision,

CPU: i5-2500k OC 4,4 GHz (Noctua NH-U9B cooling),

GPU: Gainward GTX460 (310.70 drivers),

RAM: Kingston 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz,

HDD: Samsung HD403LJ, Seagate ST1000DM003,

PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 2 600W.

FSX Deluxe SP2 (Polish), Saitek AV8R-01, Pro Flight Yoke, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, CH Products TQ. Two monitors, FSX windowed and in DX10 preview (better performance). Windows 8 fast boot is turned off. FSUIPC is registered, but controls assigned via FSX.

I'm running a multi-boot with XP HE SP3 and Vista Basic SP2 (both 32-bit) on the Samsung drive and Win 8 on Seagate. Running FSX on an admin account, UAC notifications turned off (not via regedit). Problem occurred during my last two flights, but probably has been there previously (didn't fly much since installing Win 8 on 24-DEC): 1) EPWA-LHBP Airbus X Extended, 2) LFPG-EDDF PMDG MD11. Both flown on Vatsim using FSInn, AS2012, no TrackIR (have version 4). Firefox, VAT-Spy and ChartViewer running in the background. Similarly to other cases, I lost AV8R and CH TQ input while browsing charts in ChartViewer (2nd monitor) or using Firefox (approx. 5 mins after takeoff). I managed to restore controls by re-running FSInn - lost them again after some 20 mins, on approach to Frankfurt. As for the EPWA-LHBP leg - input went dead before TOD, some 30-40 mins after takeoff. Only mouse and keyboard visible in FSX options, CH Control Manager and Saitek Profiler show normal inputs.

Disabled USB power saving, will now run FSX as admin and we'll see... I initially thought that this is a problem with Airbus X Extended - browsed Avsim and here it is - a megathread on this issue. What a disappointment. :unsure:

Well Mathew, if you have the registered verion of FSUIPC,it seems to work well.

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I'll have to try it if everything fails. Got used to FS sensitivities, oh well... :Sigh:

I have been experiencing two issues with P3d on Win8. Firstly the disappearing flight control issue and secondly 'fatal error' crashes when trying to switch in and out of P3d in full screen mode. I have found that for me, starting P3d in windowed mode (i.e. Maximised=0 within 'Main' in the cfg file) appears (after a week or so flying) to have got rid of both these issues. I have no idea why this would be, but if I load up in full screen I have numerous problems, if I load in windowed mode (and then switch to full screen once the sim has loaded) it seems perfectly happy. Rich

If you have FSUIPC and Windows 8,then you need to set to compatibilty mode or disable UAC via

the registry,

Jude Bradley

Compatibility mode makes no difference (people seem to keep suggesting this but is does not work) and I do not really want to disable UAC (whether that works or not). The point of my post was to report that I have found something different that seems to stop the problem on my machine which I am sharing in case it makes a difference for anyone else.

If you have FSUIPC and Windows 8,then you need to set to compatibilty mode or disable UAC via

the registry,

Tried both and it did not work. I went back to Windows 7.

Prepar3D is not officially support with Windows 8 yet, I suspect that version 2.0 probably will

have to.

The trouble is that Windows 8 has a higher level of UAC than Windows 7 does.

Even if you disable via the applet, it's not really disabled unless you set the registry value.

The reason for this is that some of the tiles in Windows 8 will not work if UAC is "really" disabled.

I was getting crashes in Prepar3D with FSUIPC enabled until I set Prepar3D to compatibility mode, so don't say it doesn't work. We are not making these things up from thin air.

Jude Bradley