Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

Let's keep the issues separate, everyone.

Windows 8 joystick issues: Have naught to do with UAC or compatibility mode. Can reliably be fixed with a registered version of FSUIPC. You need to set up your controller through FSUIPC, simply running FSUIPC or calibrating your controller in FSUIPC does not do the trick!

Windows 8 stability issues with FSX or P3D: May be fixed by deactivating UAC or setting Win7 compatibility mode. Your mileage may vary. Note: Pulling the slider down in Windows 8 will not deactivate UAC, it will only deactivate notifications. UAC can be completely deactivated via the registry, which will cause Metro apps to stop working.

Saitek X52 Pro

FSX Acceleration

New W8 machine with a fresh FSX install.

My joystick would also disconnect or at least malfunction (leds not burning, display empty or dark).

Realizing W8 is keen on security and learning in these forums the W8 may need some additional updates to offer W7 stability I have all my FSX and FSX related programs set to run in W7 mode and with Administrator rights.

All the software has been installed using ADministrator rights but that does not mean it RUNS with Administrator rights obviously.

Right click in the program icon on your desktop, select Properties, go to Compatibility, set the software to run in W7 mode and check 'Run as Administrator'.

I have done this for FSX and all related programs. Just to be safe.....

Also, start the Saitek software and go into Task Manager. Find the driver software and right click on it and set it to run as Administrator as well.

I always fly in WindowedMode and my joystick now works perfectly. I hope it works for you too.

Mad Catz (a Saitek partner) replied they are working on an updated driver but maybe this solves your problems until then.

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Thanks Menno, this is very interesting.

Did you have frequent disconnects before you have set the software to run in W7 mode and check 'Run as Administrator'?

Can you use the IE10 while flying long flights without getting disconnects?

Best regards from RelaxX

Hi, the few flights I had made prior to setting up the software this way almost all lead to misery.

Now I can freely go to IE, Outlook or AS2012 without problems. I hope it stays that way. At least it does have an effect obviously.

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Could anybody help me setting up FSUIPC...i Have menaged to assign via FSUPIC all the axis like elevators ailerons ruder but I am having problems with throtle lever..I am using Saitek Wirelles Cyborg evo and it has this big throtle lever on the base of the joystick..so when i got to FSUIPC assignments and move the throtle axis when i move it tu full forward it reads value up to 16384 i hink so whne i return it to normal postiion all the way back( starting point) it reads -16384....now could somebody guide me how to set this throtle axis? Thank you!

What exactly is the problem, Daniel? You go to axis assignment, move your throttle, assign it to "throttle" and select "send directly to FSUIPC calbration", and there you simply activate it. The range from 16380 to -16380 is completely normal. 0 should be about in the middle.

Thanks Menno, which FSX related programs have you set to run in W7 mode and with Administrator rights?

Best regards from RelaxX

rara_bb thank you! Problem Fixed...FSUIPC calibration I have put there direct mode :)

Hi Relaxx,

It's only a few besides FSX; AS2012, EFB and Saitek of course.

Menno

Menno 

Hi Menno

Sorry, what is EFB?

Do I need to install a driver for my Saitek X52 Pro? Which one? Would this help to avoid disconnects? I use the default Microsoft driver dated 21.6.2006 for this device.

Best regards from RelaxX

Hi,EFB is Electronic Flight Bag, a very nice product from Aivlasoft to help you navigate, select SIDs and STARs etc.

Yes, I have downloaded the X52 driver and programming software. The latter offers the option to really set up your joystick to work with FSX commands.

You can get it at www.saitek.com/downloads.

I can imagine it is more stable than MS' driver.

Menno

Menno 

Oh well after many email between me and Saitek support asking them if they have any solutions and even sending them one email telling them about our frustration about switching responsibilities...telling us to complain to microsoft when we complain to microsoft they send us back to joystick maker and so on...so wrote them email expalinig everything even shoved them this thread(gave them link) so they can see how many people have this problem and also asked them if they know about this problem they jsut answered this: "For the moment we do not know when the new drivers will be relesead.

But once having this information, we will post it on our web site."

Thank you for your understanding.

So we gona wait and hope for the best....

I had my first experience with the controller issue today in my recently clean install of Windows 8/64 Pro, and a clean install of FSX Gold with Acceleration. I had noted for the past several days that my CH rudders weren't detected by FSUIPC/registered but was in FSX, however today - after a short flight of 30 minutes with the NGX- a total failure of all controller axes and buttons (everything is set through FSUIPC, other then the CH rudders- see above).

I then experienced a CTD, I'm not sure if that's related to the control issues or not.

This is my third day of using FSX in Win 8, the sim certainly performs better than it did in Win 7, while it runs! I would love to get to the bottom of these issues..... hopefully posting our experiences will ultimately help. FWIW, I had just installed a third party Start menu today before I saw the first of both the CTD and the controller issue, I wonder if there's any connection? I might try posting a new thread.

Thanks, Bruce.

Every Windows version has had growing pains when it comes to hardware drivers. A little time will go a long way to resolve these issues.

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

This might help some folks out.

I had the same problem with my CH controllers being lost after about 30 minutes, but found a solution that works for me.

I unplugged all my CH stuff, then uninstalled all CH drivers, then reboot. I then plugged in all my CH stuff, then installed CH Control Manager with "Run as Administrator".

I always run CH Control Manager before running FS. I think the key thing has been CH CM running in the background. Sometimes I will go into the Control Options and the controllers won't be posted, but they still function fine. I have had it working for hours at a time this way, either through FSUIPC or straight through the sim.

Key points:

- Run as Administrator when installing drivers and running the sim.

- Keep CH Control Manager open in the background.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato