Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

Hence I don't think it is the USB port as suggested by others.

When the joystick is not working, it doesnot show in FSX as a controller anymore, so I think the problem is in W8.

I think many of us have come to the same conclusion. It's not too likely that XPlane, FSX and P3D (plus some other video games that use joysticks) could all be affected in the exact same way and it not have something to do with the OS. I'm beginning to believe that MS will not be responsive to this bug.

I think many of us have come to the same conclusion. It's not too likely that XPlane, FSX and P3D (plus some other video games that use joysticks) could all be affected in the exact same way and it not have something to do with the OS. I'm beginning to believe that MS will not be responsive to this bug.

I've also come to that same conclusion. Even though I've tried various workarounds including setting FSX to run in Win 7 compatibility and setting all my control axes to run via FSUIPC, then disabling them in FSX controls menu, the problem still rears it's ugly head every once in a while and particularly during the most inconvenient moments causing me lots of frustration.

All this has recently prompted me to begin delving into X-Plane 10 a bit more and I've noticed that it isn't affected by this problem at all and actually runs flawlessly on Windows 8. I've now gotten the hang of this OS, and with this FSX-related problem aside, I like it more than Windows 7 due to it's performance and overall stability.

With an array of new complex aircraft including a B777 and the recent updates released for X-Plane 10, my appreciation for this sim continues to grow. I think over time I'll find myself moving away from FSX altogether.

Are you using EZDok?

You can lose your ability to pan if you're using the the F9 key to jumping to VC. I always use "A" and "S". I struggled with this for a bit then figured out that pattern.

Hi Chuck, no I don't use EZDOK. All other functions of my Saitek work, but panning stops working until somehow I seem to get the joystick back to work completely again as described.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

i have a fix, I've been following this thread for a while, nothing worked, this did:

http://va-gae.eu/fli...stick-tool.html (in german, chrome translated flawlessly)

the joystick isn't visible in P3D or FSUIPC (because it dissapeared at some point) but this app injects the commands directly into simconnect, seems like my CH Yoke and Pedals work better than ever too

It did take a while to figure out the calibration using this program I will say, with a little trial and error.

Alastair Ireland

i have a fix, I've been following this thread for a while, nothing worked, this did:

http://va-gae.eu/fli...stick-tool.html (in german, chrome translated flawlessly)

Looks interesting. Just tried this myself and it can't seem to pick up any of my controllers up in the 'settings' tab.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Looks interesting. Just tried this myself and it can't seem to pick up any of my controllers up in the 'settings' tab.

Is there anything I'm missing?

I had to click the "scan" button for it to appear, the "scan" button also appears to identify the axis and controller (that you are manipulating) for the purpose of calibrating it in the "axis assignment" portion of the same window.

Alastair Ireland

I've given up experimenting, since the FSUIPC fix works for me. But the SimConnect workaround described in the previous posts sounds interesting.

Also, has anyone tried hitting CTL-K? This normally enables/disables the joystick in FSX.

A few months later, I can still confirm that FSUIPC registered controls is how to fix this issue. I've now flown dozens of flights with multiple addons and flying online. With not one single disconnect.

A few months later, I can still confirm that FSUIPC registered controls is how to fix this issue.

This solution also worked for me for quite some time, but the other day FSUIPC somehow 'lost' all of my control axes and reverted back to the FSX-registered controls prompting the disconnects to reappear again.

I haven't since been able to re-register the controls in FSUIPC as whenever I try they don't get detected, even if I delete all axes from FSX controls. I only seem to be able to calibrate the controls in FSUIPC.

A few months later, I can still confirm that FSUIPC registered controls is how to fix this issue. I've now flown dozens of flights with multiple addons and flying online. With not one single disconnect.

It's also working consistently for me, both in P3D and FSX under Win 8.

I guess no one with the problem has tried toggling Ctrl-K to see if that will bring the joystick back to life.

I guess no one with the problem has tried toggling Ctrl-K to see if that will bring the joystick back to life.

Haven't tried that yet, but something did bring my joystick and pedals back to life the other night during pre-flight prep in the AXE. Not sure what it was but I definitely didn't press Ctrl-K, I did have the 'Don't Lose Your Stick' app open at the time and clicked on 'scan' to try and detect my controllers which don't appear.

Hi Guys.

I solved the joystick issue issue by running fsx in windows 8 in Aero Lite mode as listed here http://www.askvg.com/how-to-enable-hidden-aero-lite-theme-in-windows-8-rtm/

I noticed in Windows 7 everytime I ran fsx, it would turn aero off. So I did the same thing in Windows 8 and voila. No disconnects. I can click in and click out as many times as I want and my joystick doesn't disconnect. I can use super traffic board as well.

Try it guys. It will work. B)

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

A very good idea but it hasn't cured the problem for me,

I am afraid.

Regards,

Nick.

I'm excited to test your recent proposed solutions. Finally something optimistic is happening in this matter, unsurprisinly not from MS side.

I tried Ctrl+K many times, no luck (although not with FSUIPC assignements).

Haven't tried that yet, but something did bring my joystick and pedals back to life the other night during pre-flight prep in the AXE. Not sure what it was but I definitely didn't press Ctrl-K, I did have the 'Don't Lose Your Stick' app open at the time and clicked on 'scan' to try and detect my controllers which don't appear.

I had this problem this evening. When i went to the "game controller settings" menu when selecting the device in the "Devices and Printers" section of the control panel i noticed the flight yoke was completely unresponsive (I've noticed this happens randomly at times). I unplugged the yoke and plugged it back in and it successfully scanned for the axis. By this point P3D had lost yoke and pedals in the background but DLYS was still letting me control the aircraft even though it was absent from the P3D controller menu. As far as I know the FSUIPC fix and the DLYS fix are effectively the same solution as they talk directly to simconnect and directX. I should however mention that for whatever reason the FSUIPC approach didn't seem to work all the time for me, whereas this DLYS option seems to be somewhat more robust, at least in my case.

Alastair Ireland