Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

No worries, I will have to make a video tutorial on exactly how to do this, cause so far this is the only way to make your joystick work 24/7 on FSX/Windows 8. A registered version is required as the free version doesnt have the function.

Thanks Trevah.  A video or some documentation (especially for this guy, I need a "dummies" edition) would be very helpful...

However, everything is still working, but some help with FSUIPC would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help.....Rod

Rod Beck

I can't believe this thread is still going at this rate.

Register your controls with FSUIPC, Disable your joystick in FSX menu = 100% reliable joystick availability. 

Yep. That's the answer.

Well

, in my case fsuipc doesn't even recognise joystick inputs in Windows 8.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9100

It doesn't recognize it at all? Even with FSX controllers disabled and all the axes and buttons set in FSUIPC? Or it does recognize the joystick and then you lose control of it?

When I try to assign a button or axis it doesn't recognise any movement or press. Joystick is working and enabled in FSX at that time. I haven't tried disabling it.

Update: It turns out that DINPUT8.dll was the culprit in FSUIPC not recognising any joystick input. I deleted the file from FSX main directory and at least I can now assign controls via FSUIPC.

Ah the "old" copy DINPUT8.DLL from Win 7 fix. It supposedly worked for some people ...

You've learned same lesson that I learned in trying to work around the Win 8 joystick issue. Only try one "fix" at a time.

Update: It turns out that DINPUT8.dll was the culprit in FSUIPC not recognising any joystick input. I deleted the file from FSX main directory and at least I can now assign controls via FSUIPC.

Now make sure FSX joystick is unchecked. And stay out of the FSUIPC menu during the flight. Report back with your results!

In minus: throttle #2 is unresponsive in the NGX. In plus: I didn't lose controls after a couple of hours in MD11. All in all - FSUIPC looks promising. :rolleyes:

Register your controls with FSUIPC, Disable your joystick in FSX menu = 100% reliable joystick availability. 

NOT the case.

I use this method and it does not always prove itself to work.

NOT the case.

I would say it works about 99% of the time.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

and how do you do that? I've been trying for an hour and if I uncheck controllers in the FSX menu it kills joytstick inputs to the sim entirely!

Will.

NOT the case.

Are you making sure the joystick is disabled every time, and are you accessing fsuipc menu during flight? I've flown hundreds of flights over the past few months and not had a single disconnect.

and how do you do that? I've been trying for an hour and if I uncheck controllers in the FSX menu it kills joytstick inputs to the sim entirely!

Will.

Someone above mentioned DINPUT8.dll was disrupting fsuipc, did you put that in your fsx folder?

I'm using Windows 8 and I have the problem of the disappearing joystick also but during the last few days I've did a fresh install of Win 8, installing FSX and each add-on, creating a restore point then running a flight to see what happened.

I have previously tried 2 different joysticks - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke / Pedal / Quadrant setup, which included trying the disable the USB power saving shut down method plus otherthings I can't remember now but all failed.

I started first off with adding FSUIPC4 (not registered), my ORBX scenery, PMDG aircraft then REX in which the joystick disappeared. I'm still to add MCE and a couple more but it is looking like REX is causing my joysyick to disappear. I don't know why it would but when I restored my PC back to before I installed REX it was all normal as I did a complete flight from PAKT to CYVR and not a problem but before the joystick could go anytime.

It's probably a coincidence. I don't use REX and still had(have?) this problem. The unusual and tricky thing here is that you have to use FSX for quite a few hours (I'd say 20-30) before you can accurately asses whether this issue is still there - I had weeks when everything worked just fine and then joystick started disappearing again, out of the blue.