Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

You can assign the hat switch via FSUIPC. It doesn't work as smooth though. Space bar will have to be INOP. Side note, I run with controls enabled in FSX, as it doesn't really matter with FSUIPC assignments and doesn't give you above hiccups. I have my hat switch assigned both in FSX and FSUIPC - you can easily see when the input dropout occurs.

You can assign the hat switch via FSUIPC. It doesn't work as smooth though. Space bar will have to be INOP. Side note, I run with controls enabled in FSX, as it doesn't really matter with FSUIPC assignments and doesn't give you above hiccups. I have my hat switch assigned both in FSX and FSUIPC - you can easily see when the input dropout occurs.

Cheers for the reply. Do you know which option it is in FSUIPC to set the hat switch up?

Edit: Never mind, found it!

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Ended up installing Vista 64-bit yesterday with all Service Pack's/Updates and re-installed FSX. Took the PMDG B744 for a flew flights and am happy to say there were no disconnects.

Not ideal but Vista does run well on an SSD and saves me $$ from buying Win 7 and can always go back to Win 8 once this issue gets sorted (if ever).

For those having problems still when mapping your controls in FSUIPC, are you sure that EVERY control was unmapped from the FSX controls menu? If even one button/axis on your joystick is still mapped through FSX, the issue will still happen. Also (applies to axes only, buttons don't have this option), make sure that you select the option to "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration." A friend and I have both been running our sims this way with no joystick issues on Windows 8.

Brandon Filer

For those having problems still when mapping your controls in FSUIPC, are you sure that EVERY control was unmapped from the FSX controls menu? If even one button/axis on your joystick is still mapped through FSX, the issue will still happen. Also (applies to axes only, buttons don't have this option), make sure that you select the option to "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration." A friend and I have both been running our sims this way with no joystick issues on Windows 8.

Same here. Since I started using FSUIPC for my yoke, joystick, and pedals, I've had no problems.

Rod

Rod Beck

That idea is not "compatible" with PMDG. They clearly state: "The PMDG 737NGX is fully compatible with FSUIPC except that
we recommend that you do not calibrate your flight controllers through FSUIPC
". from PMDG NGX Introduction Page 20 of 134.

Ralf

That idea is not "compatible" with PMDG. They clearly state: "The PMDG 737NGX is fully compatible with FSUIPC except that

we recommend that you do not calibrate your flight controllers through FSUIPC". from PMDG NGX Introduction Page 20 of 134.

Ralf

The aircraft still flies without any issues though.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

There's a free alternative to FSUIPC to solve the Win8 FSX joystick problem.

http://va-gae.eu/flightoperations/download/fsx-joystick-tool.html

"Don't Loose [sic] Your Stick"

It works more or less the same way.  Donationware.  Credit to Andreas Palm.

I didn't thoroughly read the 21 pages of this post, so I apologize if it was already mentioned.

Yes it works just like FSUIPC a very cryptic software... no thanks I'm now officially returning to windows 7; what a waste of time.

FSIUPC setting above really work. but only after deassign Everything in FSX for the yoke and pedal. Also buttons. i forgot one only button and the problem was there intermittent.

Now it work for the second week and i flying every day. I have not experienced any problem with PMDG product so far. and hardly waiting for the T7. :)

There is only one other solution but that hard. Go back to windows7. "Point the third finger to Mr Ballmer for that"..

Nicoma

Nicolaus Malmgren

FSIUPC setting above really work. but only after deassign Everything in FSX for the yoke and pedal. Also buttons. i forgot one only button and the problem was there intermittent.

Now it work for the second week and i flying every day. I have not experienced any problem with PMDG product so far. and hardly waiting for the T7. :)

There is only one other solution but that hard. Go back to windows7. "Point the third finger to Mr Ballmer for that"..

Nicoma

I just learned that Microsoft is now telling everybody with FSX problems related to windows 8 that FSX is not compatible with win8; is this what they're stooping down to? They're trying to shrug off irresponsibility to fix something that clearly shouldn't have been broken to begin with and FSX runs fine on win8 but I'm also hearing people are getting a number of errors relating to fonts and the installer which have nothing to do with this but you see... win8 is really Microsoft's biggest mistake ever (since winME)

• Upvote 1

There's a free alternative to FSUIPC to solve the Win8 FSX joystick problem.

http://va-gae.eu/flightoperations/download/fsx-joystick-tool.html

"Don't Loose [sic] Your Stick"

It works more or less the same way.  Donationware.  Credit to Andreas Palm.

I didn't thoroughly read the 21 pages of this post, so I apologize if it was already mentioned.

I mentioned it, tried it, no work.

I just learned that Microsoft is now telling everybody with FSX problems related to windows 8 that FSX is not compatible with win8; is this what they're stooping down to?

Then why does P3d do the same thing? Sorry LM, we sold you an obsolete product.

Seriously, its a bug and MS is such a mess now that you can't expect them to do anything responsive for their customers.

Then why does P3d do the same thing? Sorry LM, we sold you an obsolete product.

Seriously, its a bug and MS is such a mess now that you can't expect them to do anything responsive for their customers.

I've heard it happens on Xplane, not nearly as much if at all though and flightsim/p3d/xplane aren't the only games it happens to which is supposedly a usb controller  handling issue in windows 8

Well its true MS did sell them an obsolete product but LM knew that of course.

I think MS is just getting back at those who forced them to fail at MS Flight :P

I deleted my original post content... turns our Microsoft Compatibility Center website shows FSX as 100% compatible with Windows 8.0, so showing 100% compatibility with Windows 8.1 is likely meaningless with regard to the joystick problem.  Bummer. 

While the FSUIPC tweaks appear to work for many folks, it still feels somewhat like a hack, and furthermore is not "encouraged" by PMDG for their products.  I don't claim to understand all this, but seems to me the surefire fix is to go back to Windows 7 (or earlier).  Also a bummer :(

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64