Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

usa4321,

Thanks for the suggestion, however, I tried all that a quite a while back, (5 or 6 months ago), and I didn't help me.  Since using FSUIPC all my disconnect problems have been solved.

Oh, I have a WIN 8 system, and CH Yoke and Pedals.

Thanks anyways.

Rod

Rod Beck

I've tried that. It did solve the issue I had with my Saitek multipanel screen being dark, but it has not solved the randomly disappearing joystick problem. It persists in P3D as well.

Well I'm glad it did solve one thing, I still have no disconnects in either FSX or Prepar3d V2 with my TMWH.  I'm still testing though. I'm wondering if the disconnect issue is joystick dependent.

I guess so far from what I read here FSUIPC is the guaranteed fix so far.

John Sark

OK I got a disconnect but it took a while. I'm not sure if it was caused by REX loading up or not but regardless it happened. Looking into FSUIPC method of connecting.

John Sark

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Windows 8.1, After you have tried all the rest of the "fixes" for the joystick dropout, try this:

• Go into the Control Panel and then into Devices and Printers.

• Find your Joystick and right click on it and select Troubleshoot.  If it says it found some issues that it may have stopped responding and has fixed it, you should now be happy once again without dropouts!

I was able to go back and forth from desktop, browser, full screen FSX to windowed FSX and menu selections for hours without a hiccup anymore.

Let me know how you do and you're welcome!

I know you can press control k to disable joysticks. But is there a way to permanently disable. It always becomes checked on next load.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

At last I got round to actually using FSUIPC to sort this and it works a treat. well done, Pete!

Takes ten minutes to get your head round it and presto!

Sorted!

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I know you can press control k to disable joysticks. But is there a way to permanently disable. It always becomes checked on next load.

Then within FSX/P3d, just delete all the joystick axes and button assignments. Somewhat tedious, but it does the job. There are other options, but they can be somewhat messy.

Can anyone confirm if there are still joystick dropouts in P3D v2.0?

Yes there are.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

It has nothing specifically to do with P3d2 and all to do with Win8. Win 8 has something about it that causes the joystick drop out in FSX, P3d 1.4, P3d2 and even XP10.

Unless LM can figure a way around it, the only workaround is to use FSUIPC.

It has nothing specifically to do with P3d2 and all to do with Win8. Win 8 has something about it that causes the joystick drop out in FSX, P3d 1.4, P3d2 and even XP10.

Unless LM can figure a way around it, the only workaround is to use FSUIPC.

This is the whole problem IMO. MS have changed something fundamentally with Win 8, but LM now own the FSX/ESP code and have full ability to modify it, expand on it etc. MS will not do anything about it because they no longer support it so LM should make this one of their top priorities to get it fixed once and for all. Win 8 has now been out for over a year, LM would definitely be aware of this issue and should have included this in their dev process for P3D 2.0. Hopefully this will become part of their dev road-map which includes 64-bit.

As for XP10 I don't think I've ever once had controllers drop out whenever I've used it in Win 8 (maybe only once, but it was barely noticeable and didn't have to restart the sim).

I actually like Win 8.1 and think it has a lot of benefits over Win 7 but am sticking to Win 7 for now due to these issues. In future I think I'll be moving more and more towards X-Plane as I don't want to be stuck on an older OS, unless of course LM are able to get it fixed.

As for XP10 I don't think I've ever once had controllers drop out whenever I've used it in Win 8 (maybe only once, but it was barely noticeable and didn't have to restart the sim).

I don't use XP10 much anymore, but I did experience dropouts under Win 8.0. They were much rarer than in FSX or P3d 1.4, which means they occurred for me maybe 10% of the time, as opposed to 100% of the time. If you search around enough with Google, you will find complaints about Windows 8 and other legacy software that uses a joystick. The prevailing "theory" about the joystick loss issue is that it occurs when the main sim window loses focus. XP10 has a far sleeker UI design than FSX and the "typical" XP10 user spends more time flying than tinkering than the "typical" FSX user.

Problem seems to be solved for me immediately after installing FSXAssist ver. 1.1 

See http://skypilot.biz/home/

They have just made an update that addresses Joystick dropout. I have not tested over a period of time yet, but I was getting dropout 100% of the time whenever I swapped to Plan-G and back again.

As soon as I installed FSXAssist and ran it, problem dissappeared.

So I am happy if it stays solved and it only cost AU$15

There are a couple of caveats they mention but they don't effect my setup.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

I bought FSXAssist ver. 1.1 and it has not solved my problem in Windows 8.1, as well as to declare the FSUIPC joystick.
Hopefully a solution quickly ....

Hi Eriktu - can you send your FSXAssist.log file to support@skypilot.biz so we can help you troubleshoot?  It sounds like your simconnect module is not loading properly.

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Support

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png