Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

Jim,

I have tried everything

- reducing graphics settings

- changing USB suspend settings

- Bought FSUIPC and binded controls whilst FSX controls were disabled and enabled

- Tried FSXAssit

Ive just done a flight using the default FSX A321 for 2.5 hours and no disconnects on it. So that leads me to think it must be something to do with the add-ons aka PMDG/ AXE

I'm afraid I will probably have to ask for that 30 guarantee policy to be put into action.

Thanks

Thanks Jim.

I really don't understand this problem I have FSUIPC installed and when the controllers cut out nothing works yet the button on my joystick for EZDOK change view still functions as normal.....!!

Clearly that means this is nothing to do with windows or fsuipc surely???

HELP!

To be honest - it sounds like hardware.  Even something so simple as a USB port that has a bad connection.  All it takes is a bit of tarnish on the right connector.

Other than that, drivers are a definite possibility but I figured that you had that covered.

Finally - separate in your mind panning, EZDOK views ect from disconnects that affect the X Y axis but don't ask me why.  Which brings up the point that only about 1/2 the stick is functioning which sounds suspiciously like low voltage or some sort of throttling either by the Bios or the OS.  That is why FSXAssist stick polling usually works  - to keep the juice flowing.

Regards

jja 

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

still having controller disconnect windows 8.1 ? what to do : ( microsoft dont give a ######...i cant just roll back to 7 after all this downloads and setups and programs

Apologies if this has been covered, but search says X52 is too short to search and 50+ pages is way too long to manually go through.  I'm wondering if any can tell me if there are issues with the Saitek X52 joystick (non-Pro version, the original X52) on Windows 8.1 using the latest Saitek software?  Right now on Win7 I use the full profiler software to assign FSX keyboard commands through the 3 different modes.

I'm about to rebuild my PC with new hardware though and since I picked up the Win8 Pro download from MS for $40 when it first came out (but have not yet installed it because I intended to upgrade my hardware last year not this year) I've never installed it yet.  Obviously I will take the upgrade from 8 to 8.1 during the install of everything.  

The joystick issues have me spooked though and I'm thinking I should just go Win7 on my new build and hold off until Win9 for an upgrade.  I do have the full version of FSUIPC (have read something about that being able to fix problems) but am unsure how that interacts with the Saitek software and addons like QW Avro or PMDG 737 NGX.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I have a Saitek X-65F and since the X52 and X65 use similar drivers, I suspect that you will get dropouts with Win 8.1. Turn off any Saitek profiles and turn off the Saitek joystick from within FSX. Then set the joystick's axes and buttons up with FSUIPC.

I have a Saitek X-65F and since the X52 and X65 use similar drivers, I suspect that you will get dropouts with Win 8.1. Turn off any Saitek profiles and turn off the Saitek joystick from within FSX. Then set the joystick's axes and buttons up with FSUIPC.

Thanks, I'll take a look at setting things up in FSUIPC and see if I can get a similar effect to using the profiles in the Saitek software.  I thought I read about some compatibility issues with some addon aircraft if the joystick was set up in FSUIPC, but I don't remember now.  It almost sounds like it might be better to just run Win7 on the new system though.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Anything that I have wanted to do with the Saitek Profiler, I could just as easily do with FSUIPC, except that FSUIPC only supports 32 buttons per controller. You can set up individual profiles under FSUIPC for each aircraft that you fly. 

Since I also still have the problem I will give fsxassist a try see if it helps, realy hope so :(

I have a sneaking suspicion that the stick disconnect issue will go away with the next version of Windows.  I say that because the Modern UI task will play second fiddle to the Desktop task as it's role is minimized in Windows 9 which BTW has a nice ring to it.

cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I have a sneaking suspicion that the stick disconnect issue will go away with the next version of Windows.  I say that because the Modern UI task will play second fiddle to the Desktop task as it's role is minimized in Windows 9 which BTW has a nice ring to it.

cheers

jja

I'd like to think so, Jim ;)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I just had a BSOD that apparently was caused by my Saitek X52 drivers (clicked on the profiler, got the BSOD, rebooted, and got the same results the 2nd try), so I downloaded the latest X52 drivers, un-installed and re-installed the controller (I also have the pedals), and went back to work.

I just downloaded the latest PS1b for the PMDG 777, and when I launched the aircraft, I noticed that my EZCA had stopped working...oh, it needed to be shown which controller to use after the re-install. Fixed. Now I'm going through the flight controls to make sure everything works.  First thing is, no throttle movement with the X52 pushed back and forth. Hmmmm... Then no ailerons, no elevator...  First thing I did was open up the X52 control panel, and checked everything there. Then I checked FSUIPC, and everything looked good there. I then went into the FSX controls and everything seemed to work there, too. Yet I can get no activity in the 777 cockpit.

The 737NGX seems to be working okay, however, as do some of the GA aircraft I tried. So I'm getting ready to un-install/re-install the 777. Has anyone had similar problems with the X52 and the upgraded 777?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have the exact same problem with the Black Widow flightstick from Speedlink. It works when I'm flying offline but when I connect to Vatsim it works for about 5 minutes and then FSX doesn't recognise it.

Just came across this thread and remembered the months of frustration and fiddling with Windows 8 and even paid FSUIPC never seemed to fix it for me.

Don't mean to be smug but since I shifted to P3d 4 months ago I haven't had a disconnect with my Windows 8 and joystick.

Just another reason to consider P3d?

Cheers.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.