Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

Hello gents.

Reading the whole threed and i tested something yesterday 4h flight and back. No joy dissapearing so far. and that was with a PMDG B739.

I read also alot from microsoft Community about the problem. No solution there so far.

I have tested all above in this threed nothing worked  but it can be a combo solution.

Now: left click in the down lower corner got the Control panel, I feel that all of you use best performance for your FSX. I change to opposite best priority for background tasks.

and voila no disconnection.

I will report back later because the problem on my system is intermittent.

1.Disable Power saving options also for all USB  ( not help)

2. Change from best performance program to background task ( Seems help)

Gents it is worth a try.

Nico

Nicolaus Malmgren

Interesting, will give it a try. It seems that this option is indeed relevant, as most of my disconnects happen when FSX is either in the background or minimised.

Thanks for the link, but it links to all the forums. Do have a link to the specific thread? Many thanks.

Oh my ... My mind is wandering so much at the moment. Thanks for pointing me at the right direction :)

Go to the hardware control panel and open " device manager ".

Localize all the USB controller, usb input devices and Human Interface Devices.

For each device open the "properties setting "

Open the tab " Power Management " ( where present, off course ! )

Remove, for all the devices, where present as default, the tip " allow the computer to turn off this device to save power "

I have to say that after applying the above steps and testing it on a few flights with the BBS Airbus v0.70 I no longer seem to have this problem at all. I think that it took a single reboot for the changes to apply but so far I haven't lost any of my control axes.

I'll have to do a few more test flights with other aircraft such as the NGX and MD-11 to confirm this.

I have to say that after applying the above steps and testing it on a few flights with the BBS Airbus v0.70 I no longer seem to have this problem at all. I think that it took a single reboot for the changes to apply but so far I haven't lost any of my control axes.

I'll have to do a few more test flights with other aircraft such as the NGX and MD-11 to confirm this.

Im also happy so far.. I really overstressed the system when on ground and could reproduce one only time. But i just reclick on fsx, UAC ask bla bla bla. I say no and the joy come back again!

How i got the dissapear i got outside fsx clicked on Another program type flightrecorder outside fsx module and clicking back to Another program outside fsx World. Before i have windows 7 ultimate and never got those problem. they just come after upgrade to windows 8 pro and some upgrade from Microsoft.

So you can probably prepare your self it can happend again but not so often. i cross my fingers for a upgrade from microsoft.

Now im sure VERY sure it is a Microsoft problem , intermittent and not a joystick vendor problem. I use UAC, FSX no compatible mode for windows 7.

I HATE UAC but have it for securety reason.

Wish you all good luck.

Nico

Nicolaus Malmgren

None of the above seems to work for me :(

Weird thing is that it only happens on FSX. On FS9 I never have this problem.

What have I done so far to resolve this:

Adjust best performance of: Backround services

Have unchecked all "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" boxes under HID and USB controllers. Most of them are blanked by the way and only few were ticked.

USB Selective Suspending Setting: Disabled

Anything else I could try?

Hi Phoenix!

Exactly when and what do you click on when your device dissapear?

only one more tip i can give you is check your bios for a upgrade. Also check if your AMD or intel have any upgrade for just windows 8. I checked my predator vendor and got one upgrade for my bios . just to be sure i have lates compatible for W8.

Wish you good luck-

Nico

Nicolaus Malmgren