Sign in to follow this  
boeing247

B55 GPS knobs

Quick question: The right outer knob on both GPS units on the baron works fine in the 2D panel, but does not work in the VC, even though it's a hotspot (it can be clicked). Is this a known issue, or does it work for other people?

Bram,

Have you tested at several Zoom settings?

Are you using Ezdok?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Different zoom levels isn't doing anything. The right outer knob on both units still isn't working.

Ok,

Set up a new ezdok view so you are looking straight at just the Garmin500.

Zoom in so it is big.

Try the knob again, L-click, R-click, Scroll wheel .... just to see what happens on the Left Knob.

Then the right knob.

A screenshot or video would help show where you are clicking.

Are you using all default B55 files and livery .. current service pack etc.?

What is your OS?

Which version of FSX?

Not using RealityXp?

Best Regards,

I already had an EZDok view focussed on the Garmin, and I tried positioning that one even closer to it, but to no avail. I also reinstalled, but everything's working the same as before: Every knob works except the right outer knobs on both units in the VC. I've tried clicking/scrolling in basically every conceivable location, particularly the top-right and top-left, where the + and - hotspots are on the 2D panel.

I have v5.120830, which I believe is the latest version, and I'm only using it as-is--I haven't installed any liveries or such yet. I'm running FSX Acceleration on Windows 7, and I'm not using RealityXP.

Ok,

Before using the outer right.

Go to select a flight plan.

Verify the "cursor" selection is blinking (activated via left clk on its hot spot).

Now try the outer know to go down the list.

Best Regards,

Quick question: The right outer knob on both GPS units on the baron works fine in the 2D panel, but does not work in the VC, even though it's a hotspot (it can be clicked). Is this a known issue, or does it work for other people?

Use the Mouse Wheel. Left/Right clicking will not work...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok,

Before using the outer right.

Go to select a flight plan.

Verify the "cursor" selection is blinking (activated via left clk on its hot spot).

Now try the outer know to go down the list.

No luck. And it should be able to function without a flightplan loaded, since the outer knob is used to switch between the NAV, WAYPOINT, and NRST pages.

Use the Mouse Wheel. Left/Right clicking will not work...

I've been doing both, and neither work.

I said flight plan as example only.

I use RealityXp Garmins.

I can L/R click or scroll wheel the outer knob .. just for info.

Best Regards,

I've been doing both, and neither work.

I coded the B55's systems and the model...

...and just loaded it up in my sim and verified that the knobs are working as designed...

Are you using the 3d panel and GNS530/430 units that were provided?

Fr. Bill    

Are you using the 3d panel and GNS530/430 units that were provided?

What do you mean? I've been using both units in the VC, but using the 2D panel whenever I need to scroll the cursor or switch to the waypoint/nrst pages.

Do you think I have a bad gauge file?

What do you mean? I've been using both units in the VC, but using the 2D panel whenever I need to scroll the cursor or switch to the waypoint/nrst pages.

Do you think I have a bad gauge file?

No, because the mouse control code for the 3d knobs is built into the model itself. Hover the mouse ON THE KNOB, and use the mouse wheel to spin the knob. The left and right mouse buttons DO NOT WORK...

Fr. Bill    

As well, and this needs to be STRESSED: WE DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR ANY 3rd PARTY SOFTWARE.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

No, because the mouse control code for the 3d knobs is built into the model itself. Hover the mouse ON THE KNOB, and use the mouse wheel to spin the knob. The left and right mouse buttons DO NOT WORK...

I know, and I've been using the mouse wheel (and by the way, I have been hovering over the knob, though I see I phrased that poorly earlier) since I flew it for the first time, but that's not working.

As well, and this needs to be STRESSED: WE DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR ANY 3rd PARTY SOFTWARE.

You think EZDok is causing the problem?