Sign in to follow this  
Dan F

Weird issue

Hi All,

Looks like speaking up about OPUS jinxed me!

I cannot get OPUSFsx to load real weather at KATL for some reason. Everywhere else seems to function just fine.

I am getting no wind, with SCT4400 and BKN9000. Baro is 29.99.

Any ideas? This is putting a crimp on my MD-88 Delta ops.

Thanks

Dan

Cheryl,

It appears that the issue has to do with historical data. I am simming ops from earlier in the day and it seems to be affecting weather loading.

Ok, what zulu time were you trying to load, or was it more than 24 hours ago? Will look into it anyway. BTW we will be extending the historic period soon to 3 or 4 days.

Regards

Cheryl

What did the METAR state for KATL and why did you think the weather was wrong? Did you see the METAR in the spy window or the opus text file.

Thanks

Cheryl

You should still have your historic METAR file in the OpusFSX\Themes folder called OpusHistoric_hhZ.txt where hh is the zulu hour for the download. Either look in this file for METARs for KATL or email me the file and we can determine what the METAR was. I would be interested to know what time you flew in case there is a problem, but it is working OK for us at the moment.

Edit: someone has reported that the NOAA server was down for a period today and he had to use VATSIM instead to fill in the data, I don't know if this relates to your particular problem.

Regards

Cheryl