Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Performance Initialisation - Emirates B777

For all of you that are interested in using all the figures that Emirates currently use in their 777's - here you go! (All up to date as received from someone currently on the fleet!)

Cost Index - 36 (Typically Mach .83) The 777 does prefer .84!

Fuel Freeze Temp - Default -40 but for ULR's over the pole you use -47 Westbound and -40 Eastbound. However I'm not sure if that will change a thing in Flight Simulator since I assume all freezes at Standard -40.

C.G - 300ER: 17.5%, 200LR & Freighter: 20%, 777-300 & 777-200/ER: 30%

For all of you that didn't know that you have to enter fuel freeze & C.G in the 777's FMC - now you do! Please note they're Emirates specific!

Are u sure u can post these figures?

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Are u sure u can post these figures?

Indeed, it's no secret knowledge! Plus it's posted here solely for the PMDG 777.

Hey Luke,

While I'm sure it's no big deal I would be carefull what you post regarding these ME carriers. I have no links with Emirates directly however I do with another big 777 operator out here.

All it takes is for someone to have a read here, link you to your F/O mate and then it ends up being a big hassle because they want to know what else you are being told.

I know it's all a bit anal but thats how it works, have you seen what's happened with Ethiad over on Pprune? even mention there name and the website has to provide them with your IP address.

It's a shame since I would love to share a lot of info on the PMDG forum. Btw, cost index changes on every flight.

Kind regards

Rob Prest

Just asking since i dont want noone to be in trouble in anyway for posting such things.

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Btw, cost index changes on every flight.

Yeah. I'm beginning to wonder how many times that needs to be posted here before it starts to sink in...

And you're right about posting stuff like this. Always have to be careful. While I'm unsure of the actual legal ramifications (the legalities of the internet are often vague), it's often better to err on the side of caution.

Kyle Rodgers

Fuel doesn't freeze in Flight Sim, however, PMDG have previously modelled fuel temperature. It shouldn't be too hard to get fuel freezing as well *hint hint*

Whats the highest cost index I can use, I care more about speed and have no regards for fuel efficiency.

Personally...the cynic in me see this a little more than navel gazing & narcissim..'ohh look at me!! I have an FCOM from such & such'

...the reality is that pretty much any type of Boeing or Airbus document can now be found buried somewhere deep in the interweb...all one needs to do is develop a keen sense of smell.

As Rob & Kyle have indicated...things like CI & CG will vary from day to day & from operator to operator & I am not so certain directly quoting the current numbers from a RW Airline here is really the smartest thing to do no matter how helpful one might think it is.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Personally...the cynic in me see this a little more than navel gazing & narcissim..'ohh look at me!! I have an FCOM from such & such'

Mate, chill out. Anyone can get their FCOM - it's online..

Hey Luke,

While I'm sure it's no big deal I would be carefull what you post regarding these ME carriers. I have no links with Emirates directly however I do with another big 777 operator out here.

All it takes is for someone to have a read here, link you to your F/O mate and then it ends up being a big hassle because they want to know what else you are being told.

I know it's all a bit anal but thats how it works, have you seen what's happened with Ethiad over on Pprune? even mention there name and the website has to provide them with your IP address.

It's a shame since I would love to share a lot of info on the PMDG forum. Btw, cost index changes on every flight.

Kind regards

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your concern! But I post nothing without consent - I'm fully aware of these things, and how strict EK are.

Regarding the CI - yes it can vary per flight but airlines have a standard per aircraft. For flights where fuel consumption is important, it can be changed to fit the flight. Maybe I should have made myself clearer on that.

Just asking since i dont want noone to be in trouble in anyway for posting such things.

If Avsim do not want it on their forums then please delete this topic, I only had people's best interest by making their 777 flights a little more realistic. Nothing more and nothing less.

Fuel doesn't freeze in Flight Sim, however, PMDG have previously modelled fuel temperature. It shouldn't be too hard to get fuel freezing as well *hint hint*

Best way to do that would be via the failure model, because generally fuel icing happens as a result of contamination by water, not just getting to a very low temperature.

It is interesting though to hear this is an input to the 777 FMS, so presumably this in turn generates a fuel icing caution message if fuel temp gets to that value. However it's hardly a surprise you need to enter a CG value. The surpise is it's fixed according to version, unless what Luke is referring to is an OEW CG, before fuel and payload are added.

But really, these figures are of no use until the PMDG 777 is released, and by then this thread will be long forgotten. Patience, Luke, as a certain Jedi knight said a long time ago in a galaxy far away. :wink:

ki9cAAb.jpg

There are plenty of those still flying the old PSS 777 which isn't a bad substitute until the PMDG comes out.

Cosy index values fluctuate with market prices on jet A, company costs, and a dozen other factors.

Posting a list is almost outdated as soon as you hit the submit button.

Interesting for sure though.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent