Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

Pics of your FSX Rigs

I just finished building my new FSX rig!

Those are the main specs:

P9X79 Deluxe

i7 3930K with a Corsair H80 liquid cooler

Asus GTX 680 CDII Top

Corsair DDR3 16 GB Ram at 1866 Mhz

500 Gbit SSD

win 8 x 64bit pro

After doing Word Not Allowed's tweaks and a bit of OC, I get a solid 30 fps (i.e. my fps cap) with max sliders running NGX in the most demanding weather and sceneries ! I loooooooove it.

Feel free to post a pic of your rig )

Best

Fulcrum

Very nice setup! Glad you are enjoying everything! :smile:

Nice... What have you got your CPU overclocked at?

I have the same systemboard and it overclocks my i7 3820 to 4.8 in the asus extreme mode and 4.6 in the "fast" mode..

Bit surprised you would go with the H80 cooler though... I wouldnt think of using anything less than the H100.. Currently now using water cooling..

This is my rig, flying high from down in the basement. Laptop (dual-core) runs FSX, another PC runs the screen on the left (sorry for brightness), which has Plan-G, Squawkbox, etc. Goflight panels are from a CRJ simulator I built years ago. I use OpusFSX for weather and REX textures (which I load from the second PC). Probably can't see it too well, but just to the right of the yoke is a pair of plug-ins that are connected to the second PC for Squawkbox and Teamspeak. I set that up because I sometimes have to plug the headset into the laptop when I use VOXatc (keeps me from having to dig around behind PC). Also when I use the plug-ins, the line-out from my laptop goes to the line-in on the second PC soundcard so I get hear what's going on with the sim while on Squawkbox. It's not a heavy-duty rig, but for flying around the patch and to some interesting places, it works just fine. It stutters a bit when weather is heavy or near a complex airport, but for just getting on for a half-hour or so, well it suits me just fine. Oh, and I have UT and GEX installed, too. (Of course, I do drool a bit when I see quad-core machines advertised, but I bite my lip and get on with life)

I just finished building my new FSX rig!

I lust your set up

flying high from down in the basement

I admire yours

Thanks for the pictures

Regards;

Fritz

My self build is a i7 2600k, 8ram, win7/64 ultimate, ATI radeon 6970, triple screen eyfinity, FSX Gold:

ZRzlH.jpg

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Awsome.. Your mouse looks like something out of BatMan :O

Looks really cosy too :-) Just dont look under the desk huh... :blink:

Took some pics of my rig the other day but posting here wont let me upload them, it only offers a URL?

Cant upload to the gallery either it seems...

What clock speeds/vcores are you running? And where can I find those tweaks?

my standard OC is running my 6 cores (12 virtual threads) at 4.00GHz. My record being 5.00 Ghz