Sign in to follow this  
dburne

IL2 Sturmovik - 1C and 777 have merged to develop

For any IL2 fans in the forums - it appears that with Cliffs of Dover , the series as we know it has come to an end. But the future may be bright, with the merging of 1C with 777 Studios ( developers of Rise of Flight ), to continue the series with Battle of Stalingrad to be released in 2014.

http://il2sturmovik.net/

Yes, I was told about it yesterday.

I had IL2 - 1st version in a box :-)

Skipped verything since then, and was about to invest in CoD when I learned about the many problems with that platform... DCS World ended up being my (best) choice of the year in terms of flight simulation, but, RoF is in my plans, so, I believe I'll wait for what this joint venture will bring us :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The original was good, but it really started to shine with Forgotten Battles, then the Ace Expansion Pack followed by Pacific Fighters, and finally all combined into IL2 1946. I have had many hours of enjoyment out of these great sims.

CLoD was pretty rough, but the last official patch that came out couple months ago has made it very playable, although not all that was promised.

I too am much into DCS World, I have seen you over on the P-51 forum, I have not grabbed it yet but am currently going through the learning curve for A-10C, which is awesome. I think I am also going to give ROF a try, have not had a WWI sim since the original Red Baron.

It will be interesting to see what 1C and 777 does with this new sim they will be coming out with.

777 will offer ROF on Steam. I have played them all and wont 'pay for play' any longer. I sold all my hardware and closed my ROF account, just not worth it- too many bugs and poor customer service. Same with COD, the IL series and so with OFF. When Neoqb owned ROF it was ok but 777 wanted a cash register not a game and it has fallen apart to the point where Jason has sold out to Valve /Steam so this guy has quit. And 1C? or wings of prey? not in this life