Sign in to follow this  
Talek

PMDG Antonov 225

A PMDG Antonov-225 would be the best cargo plane in FSX ... the an-225 is soo sexy and has enormous capacities, 10000x better than boeing cargo planes.

Why are they always making american planes ? Why not making the AN-225 ?

Are PMDG group pro-americans/illuminati ???

Why are they always making american planes ?

The J41 is British (manufactured by British Aerospace). So they have made non-American planes.

Are PMDG group pro-americans

Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact they are based in the US. It could also be that Boeing/an airline they work with could be the only aircraft manufacturer/operator that is comfortable with PMDG having access to their aircraft.

Why not making the AN-225 ?

Is there enough demand for the AN-225 to make a profit? PMDG is a business and I don't think they would develop anything that wouldn't make money.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

What he said ^^^

...but also, in the videos from the sim conference in MUC this past year, they mentioned that they want to work on aircraft that you'd see at your local airport. I've seen the AN-225...never. I have seen the 124 though.

Cool as it would be, the other issue is fidelity. I wouldn't feel right in an Americanized version of the flight deck. If I recall correctly, all of the labels are in Cyrillic...

Kyle Rodgers

Good thought, but I dont think PMDG would go to that extent. First problem would be language difficulties. Its a 'Soviet' era built aircraft, getting the manufacturer data for that aircraft would probably be near impossible.

Although Antonov do plan to re-produce the 225 if cargo demands increase.

"PMDG Request Forum"

I'd buy it!

I've seen the 225 at the airport I used to work at.

Sadly the chance of PMDG making the plane are the same as me winning the PowerBall (US lottery that reached a half billion US dollars)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I find the cockpit of the AN-225 to be slightly antiquated. Plus, there is only one around, so it wouldn't exactly be realistic to have many people flying it at the same time. It is a cool aircraft, though I am happy with flying the B747-400 and B747-8, which are much more modern and just as beautiful.

10000x better than boeing cargo planes.

The 225 is simply too big for any airline and many airports that's why there is only one operator and it was designed to be a Russian space shuttle carrier hence its size. That's also the reason why the 225 is such a rare sight compared to the MD-11 or 777F. Just because it has a huge capacity that doesn't make it better, here is a FedEx video comparing the 747F to the 777F where the slightly smaller aircraft is a better choice.

Why are they always making american planes ?

Because Boeing is one of the most popular manufactures around the world, if they are not a sole Airbus operator then you can pretty much bet that they fly a Boeing unless they are a regional airline. If something is popular in the RW chances PMDG will make better money in the FS market.

Are PMDG group pro-americans

Its only natural just like project tupolev being a Russian organization concentrates on Russian aircraft, you might have better luck requesting a 225 from them.

I would LOVE to see a PMDG 225 but since its highly doubtful that it will be profitable we probably won't see one.

Remember how PMDG rented a 737 to take photos of it for the NGX? How would they get detailed photos of the interior of the only AN225?

But hey, I would also love a PMDG AN225.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

here is a FedEx video comparing the 747F to the 777F where the slightly smaller aircraft is a better choice.

As much as I love the B747, I can't deny that the B777 seems to be more efficient in almost all situations. We rarely hear of passenger loads that only the B747 can handle outside of Asia. It makes me wonder why Boeing is pursuing the B747-8 so vigorously when the latter is suffering from heavy competition from not only the A380, but also its own sibling!

As much as I love the B747, I can't deny that the B777 seems to be more efficient in almost all situations. We rarely hear of passenger loads that only the B747 can handle outside of Asia. It makes me wonder why Boeing is pursuing the B747-8 so vigorously when the latter is suffering from heavy competition from not only the A380, but also its own sibling!

Some airlines want higher seating loads especially on routes that are within the 747's range, ANA even has 747's that are tailored for regional flights simply because of very high demand but the A380's early timing did hurt sales for the 748 big time.

Some airlines want higher seating loads especially on routes that are within the 747's range, ANA even has 747's that are tailored for regional flights simply because of very high demand but the A380's early timing did hurt sales for the 748 big time.

That's why I mentioned Asia. Unfortunately, it seems that ANA is retiring its B747-400Ds (including the Pokemon aircraft!). But it seems that the B747 is rarely loaded to its maximum passenger capacity, and the capacity it is usually loaded to is around (if not less than) the maximum capacity of the B777. For example, why load a B747 to 80% when you can load a B777 to 100% and operate it more efficiently?

That's why I mentioned Asia. Unfortunately, it seems that ANA is retiring its B747-400Ds (including the Pokemon aircraft!). But it seems that the B747 is rarely loaded to its maximum passenger capacity, and the capacity it is usually loaded to is around (if not less than) the maximum capacity of the B777. For example, why load a B747 to 80% when you can load a B777 to 100% and operate it more efficiently?

Those 400D's probably have so many cycles so they are probably due for retirement (Aloha's 732's gained so many cycles doing island hopping). As for flight load outs it varies I've seen a few JAL flights going from ORD that have no seats available, when I tried to non rev on AA to NRT which is a 772ER the outlook for standbys didn't look so promising. The loads are out there and that's why the 300ER is also gaining popularity.

those 400D's probably have so many cycles so they are probably due for retirement (Aloha's 732's gained so many cycles doing island hopping). As for flight load outs it varies I've seen a few JAL flights going from ORD that have no seats available, when I tried to non rev on AA to NRT which is a 772ER the outlook for standbys didn't look so promising. The loads are out there and that's why the 300ER is also gaining popularity.

When I lived near RCTP for two years, there were numerous A330, B747, and B777 flights to and from VHHH every day. Many of these flights barely had anyone on them! If I correctly remember what the first officer told me, I believe my last flight (operated by a B777-200) out of RCTP had approximately 220 passengers on it. While I love the B747, I don't think I would prefer it to the B777 for long hauls. Some of the combi/domestic models still only have CRT displays and projectors!

When I lived near RCTP for two years, there were numerous A330, B747, and B777 flights to and from VHHH every day. Many of these flights barely had anyone on them! If I correctly remember what the first officer told me, I believe my last flight (operated by a B777-200) out of RCTP had approximately 220 passengers on it. While I love the B747, I don't think I would prefer it to the B777 for long hauls. Some of the combi/domestic models still only have CRT displays and projectors!

For a long haul I would prefer the A380 it looks like its far superior in terms of passenger comfort to anything in the air except for maybe the 787 but as for loads it all depends on the route itself, for example its easy to non rev from ORD to YYZ and that is on a tiny ERJ140. As for CRT and projectors that isn't really an integral design of the plane, an airline can remove those and place seats with PTV's.