Sign in to follow this  
Talek

PMDG Antonov 225

Why are they always making american planes ? Why not making the AN-225 ?

Because Boeing sells, and besides Airbus has some of the most popular and most observed aircraft in the world.

If the PMDG MD-11 didn't sell that well, which was manufactured by an American company, why would an An-225?

Not a smart business decision. And I'm pretty sure PMDG is pro-"sales", not pro-American. As said, they made a British aircraft.

What the heck does the Illuminati have to do with anything?

Remember how PMDG rented a 737 to take photos of it for the NGX? How would they get detailed photos of the interior of the only AN225?

But hey, I would also love a PMDG AN225.

Easy, everything is for sale/rent in Russia. Heck, you can rent a MIG if you want to. Cheap too... :)

23.png

I/ would presonally never fly annatov aircraft,

I never see them at my 'local' international airports. They are not used by the operators I follow.

For a newbie on a pmdg forum, calling pmdg the illuminati is quite ballsy..

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

what an stupid idea.. :D u need at least 10 people in the flight deck to control that bird! :D

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Ulluminati! ........ lol :lol: .... yes, sure PMDG are alien lizards. :smile:

Very nice simulated aircraft-producing alien lizards though! :wink:

Aren't there only a few AN-225 flying, with 1 operator? ........ Would never have the appeal to sell enough to make a profit.

Maybe ask Abacus to make a basic one in about a week. :wink:

Aren't there only a few AN-225 flying, with 1 operator?

No—there is only one completed aircraft, so it's even worse. Plus, operating an aircraft that's supposed to have a crew of five or six seems to be difficult and unrealistic.

It makes me wonder why Boeing is pursuing the B747-8 so vigorously when the latter is suffering from heavy competition from not only the A380, but also its own sibling!

Because 747-8F makes sense, and once you have that, you might as well make some 747-8i.

Because 747-8F makes sense, and once you have that, you might as well make some 747-8i.

The B747-8F makes some sense, but I feel (and many airlines seem to agree) that the B747-8I possesses highly limited advantages over the A380 and B777-300ER.

Hey, at least it's a new, interesting suggestion and not another "will PMDG do the 787" (of course they will eventually). It reminds us that boeing and airbus aren't the only people making large commercial aircraft. It got you all thinking didn't it?

This is the latest of the threads of "it would be awesome if PMDG made XXX". It was threads like this that started the mythical Woodpigeon idea. If I recall their answer is always a variation of "If we can get access to an actual bird and get the data we need to do it to the standards our customers expect and if we think we can make a profit, then we might do it, if we can get it into the production schedule."

I think there is some thought that the DC-6B will create a whole line of "classics", but I suspect that depends on whether the sales support it. That is all navel gazing/speculation on my part though.

Just because it has a huge capacity that doesn't make it better, here is a FedEx video comparing the 747F to the 777F where the slightly smaller aircraft is a better choice.

Anyone else rocking out to the song in the background of that FDX 777 video?

...just me? Ah well...

Kyle Rodgers

There is a video?

Sorry, I have not slept well... smileys-coffee-532684.gif

...not realistic...

Neither is operating any commercial airliner solo. Lighten up and have some fun!

PS: If flying a commercial airliner with one pilot was legal and safe I'm sure Ryan Air would have done it already! (J/K)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

...not realistic...

Neither is operating any commercial airliner solo. Lighten up and have some fun!

True, but the difference between managing the duties of two people and managing the duties of five or six people is immense—the former is possible but not quite realistic, while the latter is impossible and extremely unrealistic.

In most commercial aircraft with two pilots, many of the duties of the two overlap, and one pilot usually serves as a checker for the other. In the simulator world, where less-severe consequences and dangers exist, flying a commercial jetliner safely as one person can generally be done, especially when using a virtual first officer through FS2Crew, etc.

In a five-crew commercial aircraft, you have additional maintenance and navigation duties that the EICAS has largely replaced on two-crew commercial aircraft. As one person, you simply can not perform all of the highly specialized cockpit duties realistically or safely, and are effectively doing less than one-third of the duties of the pilots. I don't see why a developer would want to develop an aircraft with a wealth of systems that would only be partially used by the simulator pilot.

EICAS has largely replaced on two-crew commercial aircraft.

I think you mean the EIS (electronic instrument system)? The EICAS doesn't have anythind to do with navigation. Just engine/system monitoring and crew awareness.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg