Sign in to follow this  
Talek

PMDG Antonov 225

I think PMDG should make classic 747, one of the most important planes inhistory of aviation and still widely in use today.

I strongly prefer the glass cockpit and improved engines of the B747-400 and B747-8 to the B747CL. I think better options would be an improved B737CL and/or DC-10/MD-11. Plus, we have the B707 from Captain Sim.

I think PMDG should make classic 747, one of the most important planes inhistory of aviation and still widely in use today.

I think that Captain Sim has the classic Boeings under their wing. They already have the 707, 727, and the classic 737. I could see them doing a classic 747.

Other than a couple airlines in Iran, I don't think anyone else operates the early model 747s. There are some freighters out there but they are in the far corners of the world. So they aren't exactly widely in use.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I think that Captain Sim has the classic Boeings under their wing. They already have the 707, 727, and the classic 737. I could see them doing a classic 747.

Other than a couple airlines in Iran, I don't think anyone else operates the early model 747s. There are some freighters out there but they are in the far corners of the world. So they aren't exactly widely in use.

Well, at least Phuket Airlines still operates Boeing 743 in pax service and so does Pakistan Intl Airlines, Evergreen and Kalitta apparently have many 742's still flying cargo, and many smaller airlines. At least much less rare than 727 for example it seems.

But yeah I think it would be a good idea for CS to make one, I just want to see proper classic 747, CLS one is a bit too lite for me and doesn't include 747SP and 747-100.

But yeah I think it would be a good idea for CS to make one, I just want to see proper classic 747, CLS one is a bit too lite for me and doesn't include 747SP and 747-100.

I agree about the complexity of CLS products. When I first started with FSX, I made the mistake of purchasing the CLS A330, B767, and DC-10. Unfortunately, it seems that I was not in the target audience of CLS. . . .

I think having Captain Sim work on classic aircraft and PMDG work on modern, yet-to-be-developed aircraft would be a better use of developers' areas of expertise and resources.