Sign in to follow this  
foibles

Anyone here use Crgsim?

I am trying to run CrgSim to allow me to display a PFD and other instruments on a monitor run by a computer networked to the computer that's running FSX.

Do any simmers here have experience with the software?

I'm having trouble getting the PFD to display. I have an email in to the developers, but I'm asking here as it may be a simple, common problem that others have already dealt with.

Vic

Did you get an answer to your question and are you up and running?

Kapock

Yes, the email support was helpful. Not sure why I was having problems; I just tried reinstalling the software, and after that it seemed to work as advertised.

I haven't run the sim using the gauges, though. I have been exploring the possibility of using WidevieW as an alternative so that I can take advantage of some of the other panel features on some of my aircraft that aren't yet available in CrgSim. Also been pretty busy with other things (mapping FSUIPC and SPAD, optimizing multiple displays over the network, tweaking the GPU settings, etc) so haven't really had a chance to get back to CrgSim yet. The amount of reading required to get through the instruction manuals (like for FSUIPC and WidevieW), and then the time to go through posts in discussion forums, it all takes up a lot more time than I was expecting.

CrgSim seems to be an extremely useful program, though. And at the price (free), no one could complain.

Congratulations to the developer.

Vic

congrats to developer indeed.

just started playing w/ it for a few minutes using a separate machine  to host the gauges....I really like it....communication between PCs worked out well, though I am still confused about some concepts.

I am thinking of building a home cockpit and I am really curious to know what people use for monitors w these....i was thinking to do a multi-monitor setup w/ used small monitors...what do u think?

I need to learn how to make the positions stick to same position every time they are launched.

best regards to all.

i have pfd,nava and eicas working like a boss on separate machine.  but chart is showing "No connection to ComMgr".    Also, when I add to Start File, it doest add to the .cfg.  Any tips arpreciated

Sounds allmost to be good to be true,allways wanted to add 3 (or 4) small monitors to display the pfd and such.

just wondering,does is work with the PMDG 777 and if yes,does it also display the wxr and terr ?

and what are the system requirements besides DX10

(if you run it seperatly)?

(too many questions in one post,lol)

jus wondering,does is work with the PMDG 777 and if yes,does it also display the wxr and terr ?

It doesn't work with PMDG products unfortunately, unless of course somebody has created a profile they want to share

ZORAN

:( too bad,but im keeping an eye on this great piece of programming,it could have a bright future

It doesn't work with PMDG products unfortunately, unless of course somebody has created a profile they want to share

I know I am reviving this old thread.

I was googling for gauges for the Saitek Panel and then I found this piece of awesome software. I did a quick install, quick read of the manual and got it started (on the same PC) not yet running on a networked PC).

It does support PMDG 777 indeed.. Not everything..but most of the things seems to show on the PFD and the MFD.

I have not tested this throughly ofcourse.. I notced the few things that was not showing up.. is the Fix and Brg/Dis (I use this a lot on the 777). Terrain naturally not.  I have the MCP Pro (currently under repair) and the EFIS and I was able to use the EFIS to change things and it worked. But when I changed to VOR, the MFD did not change to the VOR mode like on the 777.

I need to play with it some more.. I am excited.. IF it gives me most of the things then I am thinking trying out the networked setup and modifying my cocpit by adding a monitor to it to show the three PFD, NAV/MFD and the EICAS.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter