Sign in to follow this  
joherszch

Captain Sim - "24 hrs only. Everything is 9.99!"

May as well get the 777 until PMDG releases their's. At least that way I can start preparing for the T7

If you have the additional money, sure. Perhaps a more-efficient way would be to obtain or purchase some of the Boeing manuals, which can prepare you for the PMDG version. I have the original visual model of the Captain Sim B777. While it is excellent quality, I'm not sure I will purchase the later versions because of the numerous bugs and performance issues Captain Sim products are often plagued by, and the eventual release of the PMDG B777, which should be a better product.

Yes, you have provided incredible help and even taken the time to answer a few of my questions over there. Let me take this opportunity to thank you yet again. In what ways do you feel the 737 is lacking? I have not skimmed the CS forums in months so I am guilty of not researching my own question first.

The major problems from my perspective (which is purely practical as I fly this airplane nearly every day on the "line" for Acme in Alaska) are that the autopilot will not track VOR/GPS until the ALT HOLD switch is on - which is not accurate as far as the real airplane is concerned, but I am dealing with it, steering by heading hold or hand-flying till I get to altitude; and the pressurization system does not follow the setting on the overhead but seems to do its own thing. Said own thing is reasonable so I'm living with this too. The yaw damper warning not operating accurately is annoying but not a show stopper.

An example of a show stopper was the master caution and fire system not functioning -- not usable in a situation where mech failures and fire CAN happen with FSCaptain. The FSCaptain interface also fixes some of the other annoyances such as the probe heater switches being reversed. That interface is the one I linked to in the CS 737 forums that also adds a working master caution and fire fighting system. Useable by everyone.

All in all I really enjoy flying it a lot. I love classic jets and it's harder to get more classic than the 732. The gorgeous Captain Sim VC is a big plus in delivering immersion. I highly recommend the FDE fixes in the forums and the TSS sound module to greatly enhance it too. Everything in this paragraph goes for the CS727 also and its autopilot is not as broken.

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

Thank you, I never really found the CS727 autopilot broken except there is that annoyance with the power failing. That took all of one adjustment to the aircraft.cfg file though. Still, as you pointed out already, it is a pain in the tail to have to correct simple issues like that. What are your thoughts on the 737-100, also worth it?

Edward Smoker Sr.

Thank you, I never really found the CS727 autopilot broken except there is that annoyance with the power failing. That took all of one adjustment to the aircraft.cfg file though. Still, as you pointed out already, it is a pain in the tail to have to correct simple issues like that. What are your thoughts on the 737-100, also worth it?

I don't have the 737-100 so I can't be sure, but I think it's just a different external model wrapped around the same panel with perhaps a slightly different FDE. The panel and FDE are what matters to me, I don't have much interest in the external model since I don't do the walk around and rarely see it :)

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

I agree, those are the two that I am most focused on. Also the reason why I do not have many pictures of my sim flights.

Edward Smoker Sr.

The 737 is a completely different plane from the 727. You will recognize parts of the the aging 737NG panel on the 737-100-200 which aren't a part of the 727.

707 and 737 are two great CS planes.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I will almost certainly be purchasing the 737-200 in the sale, since 9.99 Euros is a bargain.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

there are issues with the 727 but most can be worked around (yes, it's a pain) but the benefits outweigh the negatives IMHO. I fly it all the time and love it.

How about the 757??

I didn't fly it much and i'm not sure the problems are completely solved in the latest version (4.6) as i prefer QW's model. The first 757 versions were terrible and mostly what gave CS such bad publicity.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I really like my 732. They did a great job on it and the updates were fast and furious when they were working on it. Now the 777 seems to be a different story. I think I bought my exterior over a year ago and they still haven't released a v1.00 yet? Well, if I can get the VC tomorrow for 9.99 it might be worth it.

Those who have v0.9 already would you say it would be worth? Does autopilot work? Doesn't need to have all systems to make me happy (like a FMC), but I remember it did not even have enough thrust to take off or increase elevation with the autopilot. Has that been fixed with v0.9?

thx

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I would only be interested in the 767 and it doesn't appear to be included in the "Everything 9.99 except sale "

The 777 0.9 doesn't do anything worthwhile. It will fly from XXXX to XXXX but the pleasure of flying a 777 just isn't there. Besides it's VERY slow inside the VC and buggy as hell.

I would define 0.9 as being an early alpha...

I like their C-130 and 707.

Looking at getting the 737.

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

I didn't fly it much and i'm not sure the problems are completely solved in the latest version (4.6) as i prefer QW's model. The first 757 versions were terrible and mostly what gave CS such bad publicity.

So whats the best 757 for like VC quality and things like that?