Sign in to follow this  
PCAviator

Carenado Annual Sale Now On!

The Annual Carenado aircraft sales are now on! Up to 60% off many downloadable aircraft in their range. Prices starting at just $3.98 for some aircraft. This sale usually only happens once per year!

http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/Carenado/ or your preferred Carenado reseller.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

These seem to be a good deal but this thread is ignored in comparison with the Captain Sim offer...

Any comments/recommendations from people who have Carenado planes?

Tempted by a 206Cargo.

Cheers

Keith

There is a whole series of forums here under the banner of Unofficial Carenado Support Forum where a community of owners actively share experiences and tweaks. It is invaluable. You can learn a great deal about most models in a short period of time. That is a plus that is difficult to match. One caveat. If you buy direct from Carenado you get full support on their web site. If you buy from a 3rd party I believe you go to that 3rd party for support. If you are getting the 208 Cargomaster for $4.98 then that's a great deal in that respect (support), but if you are getting only 11% off on the new King Air B200 then if it were me I'd opt to buy from Carenado in that case. Also a factor is where you live and what happens to the price in currency conversion.

Just looked. Carenado appear to have the sale on their site as well.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Tempted by a 206Cargo.

I have their C206 and although it is not up to the standards of their most recent releases, such as the C337, I can say with confidence you will not regret getting that plane. I actually find it very difficult to pick when I want to fly the C206, C208, and C337.

Edward Smoker Sr.

I have to agree with fppilot. There are some Carenado aircraft that are absolutely excellent. The C337, C182Q are my personal favorites. Bernt Stolle did the FDE on these: Carenado C188 / C337 / A36 / C90 / PA46 / T182T. He also recently made a new FDE for the 182Q.

The newer planes...I'm not so much a fan. I am thinking about the C208. Almost too cheap not to get. From looking at the regretful purchases thread I didn't see these airplanes mentioned except, I think, the PA46 for a few people but some people like it.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks for the tips, realised the C185Bush taildragger is exactly what I need - $10 from Carenado direct!

The 206 looks to be a little old, and Bernt has redone the 185 FDE too.

Cheers

Keith

Whether you buy from Carenado direct, or from a third party, the support should be similar... i.e. any support for issues with purchasing are provided by the reseller... Any technical support issues are answered by Carenado. Of course, as a retailer of Carenado products, we can also provide some level of technical support for products purchased through us, and usually we can answer most questions or fix most issues that do not require a re-coding of the software to fix the bug.

As mentioned, the ever changing exchange rates between various countires might be the factor in where you purchase from.

Whichever way you go, Carenado planes are often highly regarded by our customers at least. Of course there are some better than others, but some customers too don't want all the complexity of say the PA46T or B200, so they might like the more simpler aircraft from the range :)

Personal favorites are the C90B Kingair (not on sale however) and the Piper Saratoga (oldie but still a goodie!). The C337 is excellent, and the F33A also gets a lot of mileage in the sim here.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

I'm looking at loading up my FS2004. Good deals for those! My FSX is not happy that I upgraded my monitor to 1920X1080. So I may be flying FS9 for a while. There's a slew of great $10 planes.

Bernt Stolle did the FDE on these: Carenado C188 / C337 / A36 / C90 / PA46 / T182T. He also recently made a new FDE for the 182Q.

Is his FDE for the C337 included in the model already or is it like his FDE for the C208 which is an additional "optional" patch offered by Carenado?

Edward Smoker Sr.

Is his FDE for the C337 included in the model already or is it like his FDE for the C208 which is an additional "optional" patch offered by Carenado?

As far as I know it's already in the aircraft. I love the way it handles.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

How about the C340, can anyone vouch for it?

The C340 is one of the first 3d cockpits produced by Carenado and it shows it...

I've uninstalled mine.

The Baron is better, as is the C337 which is one my favorites.

Bert

Perfect timing! I just laid out my list of must-have add-ons for AoA training and there's a whole bunch of Carenado planes (5 I believe) they recommend.

The C340 is one of the first 3d cockpits produced by Carenado and it shows it...

I've uninstalled mine.

The Baron is better, as is the C337 which is one my favorites.

Are you referring to the C340 II HD Series FSX/P3D version? I was under the impression it just came out last year.

Edward Smoker Sr.

Are you referring to the C340 II HD Series FSX/P3D version? I was under the impression it just came out last year.

Time flies, when you are having fun... I got my copy in January 2011.

Bert