Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndyCYXU

opencocpits mastercard and 8 pos rotary switch

this must be for most of you an elemantry question but i still ask...

my cockpit is almost done as far as wood cutting monitor installing etc... i even made the flaps gauge work yay!

now its time to add some switches knobs etc...

so i wanted to start simple add an 8 position rotary switch to captain select panel to change what is displayed on DU, as an example, nvm programing with sioc i'm not there yet

my question i think will make you laugh i think it so simple , but i dont know it.. lol

i plan on using oc master card with their usb expansion card so that i can connect mastercard to extension card to my computer via USB.... now...

i have this 8pos rotary switch (not in front of me but i recall it has 9 connctors) 8 positions 1 is ground

WHERE DO I PLUG THIS BUGGER NOW????

j2 and j3 if i recall are for inputs for total of 72 inputs

so do i just plug ground to ground pin and the other 8 to any other pins of my choice (prefeable beside each other) if i have another 8 way rotary switch do i again plug the 8 to anoter 8 pins and share ground with the first one... ?

sorry if this is dumb question but i found no tutorial on something like that maybe cu its so obvies...

yet there is a tut on usboutputs card exactly detailing how to hook up LED but i found nothing on how to hook up something like ROTARY SWITCH to master card..?

Thanks

Andy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!