Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Cavusim KORF Released

Saw this today and I have never heard of Cavusim, but I cant believe someone made a payware airport of my hub. Going to buy it, just wondering how is the dev?

Where did you see this?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Probaby will pick up this weekend for 9 bucks, wondering if its better than the free one found in the file library. I know P3D was a detailed Norfolk area, but dont recall if they modeled KORF.

I assumed he meant it being released at places like Simmarket... But yeah, this works to. Thanks for the link.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

wow that looks bad. I would not DL that if it was free. Dear me....

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Guest Raul_Hernandez

wow that looks bad. I would not DL that if it was free. Dear me....

I must admit I thought the same - look at the brown totally textureless walls and roof of the terminal building...

orfterm.jpg

when I saw the pics on the web page I assumed this was free, then saw the link to buy it .... :O

Not all that impressed by this. I have seen freeware with as much detail. Sad to say this but I won't be making the purchase. I'll continue to wait for an accurate and attractive Commonwealth scenery.

Yeah, I could have hoped for a little more detail. I see the author wanted to keep it frame rate friendly, but KORF shouldnt be that stressing on a modern system. I dunno, Its only nine bucks and it does resemble KORF.

I live just down the street from KORF. When I saw the Cavusim Norfolk package last week I compared the screenshots to the actual airport as viewed on Google Earth. I thought they did a pretty good job of including all the major facilities. As for the lack of structure detail in the passenger terminal area, frankly there's not that much there to begin with; the terminal wings are rather nondescript brown structures. On the plus side the GA ramp by Landmark Aviation and the cargo area appear accurately reproduced, also the tower and FAA building and the fire station. Try the freeware offering in the files here first, as I am going to do. If it works for you, great, if not the Cavusim package is a good deal for the price with way more detail than the default KORF which I just reconned before I posted this.

I live just down the street from KORF. When I saw the Cavusim Norfolk package last week I compared the screenshots to the actual airport as viewed on Google Earth. I thought they did a pretty good job of including all the major facilities. As for the lack of structure detail in the passenger terminal area, frankly there's not that much there to begin with; the terminal wings are rather nondescript brown structures. On the plus side the GA ramp by Landmark Aviation and the cargo area appear accurately reproduced, also the tower and FAA building and the fire station. Try the freeware offering in the files here first, as I am going to do. If it works for you, great, if not the Cavusim package is a good deal for the price with way more detail than the default KORF which I just reconned before I posted this.

Did you purchase it?

ohsirus,

I'm going to download the freeware KORF package from here tonight and try that first. Haven't done it yet though. Give me a day or so to look at the freeware version and I'll post again.

I've run the KORF off here for years, not bad prefer Xplanes version more though. Let me know what u think.