Sign in to follow this  
Guest BruceU

Carenado Aircraft Sale

Guest BruceU

Carenado has a great sale on for FS2004 aircraft, 60%, I dont think you can beat that for a nice Christmas gift.

Bruce

Figures -- I went on a Carenado buying rampage in September and early October. I should have waited.....

John

I'm looking into one or two of their aircraft, but I'm not sure which one to pick :( Which ones do you like more?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I bought the Bonanza, Caravan and Skymaster yesterday. I was a little disappointed however to find these planes are frame rate hogs. I have a number of older Carenado aircraft that don't make a dent in fps. I thought that they would've been designed more for those of us who use fs9 because our rigs can't run FSX to the best of it's ability. Don't get me wrong, these are beautiful planes but my frames were all over the place flying them.

I went to their site an snagged a couple of bargains for FSX. The Skymaster 337, and the Grand Caravan. I also added the Expansion pack for the 208. The prices were really good. Pay attention if you are looking for the Grand Caravan 208. The under $5 offering is the Expansion pack. You need to purchase the 208 itself ($18) in order to use the Expansion pack.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

should've waited just a few more days on that CT210M i just bought!

The skymaster and the bonanza f33a are the only two carenado models i do not own. i think i'll go ahead and get the bonanza, but is the skymaster worth it? i just haven't been drawn to it for some reason. seems to have a lot of positive reviews.

The C337 is a dream to fly...like a heavier version of a C182. Can't speak to your personal preferences. My usual thing is that if I'm not attracted to an airplane I'd usually be better not to buy it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I bought the Bonanza, Caravan and Skymaster yesterday. I was a little disappointed however to find these planes are frame rate hogs. I have a number of older Carenado aircraft that don't make a dent in fps. I thought that they would've been designed more for those of us who use fs9 because our rigs can't run FSX to the best of it's ability. Don't get me wrong, these are beautiful planes but my frames were all over the place flying them.

Hmmm--the Skymaster doesn't hog fps on my system, and my system is several years old. Only Carenado's B200 dents my fps. I also have the Bonanza (V35) and it's also very smooth.

John

I don't find any significant frame rate hogs among the offerings. Some offer very sophisticated virtual panels and I do not expect the same frame rates as with lower sophisticated offerings. I find add ons like RX plus are more stiffening than the models mentioned.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Sorry to hear that, I'm finding the frame rate to be fantastic in my quick tests in the VC at night across the range of Carenado AC, including those you've mentioned (aside from the Skymaster which I don't have). 60+ FPS seems to be the norm for these babies on my system. Now I suppose if I fired up FSDT KJFK that number would drop but I'll bet it's better than the NGX.

Hmmmm, interesting that everyone doesn't notice an impact. My system is a few years old and is a duo core overclocked to 3G with a Geforce 9800GT. I lock the frames at 60 matching the monitor refresh rate and it pretty well stays there except for very busy airports. I don't lock it at 30 because on my system it's micro-stutter city.

The strange thing with these planes is that the fps will go to 60 and then for some unknown reason drop to 30 and jump all over the place. It never stabilizes. I don't know what the cause of the fluctuations are. My PMDG planes get better frame rates.

Hmmmm, interesting that everyone doesn't notice an impact. My system is a few years old and is a duo core overclocked to 3G with a Geforce 9800GT. I lock the frames at 60 matching the monitor refresh rate and it pretty well stays there except for very busy airports. I don't lock it at 30 because on my system it's micro-stutter city.

The strange thing with these planes is that the fps will go to 60 and then for some unknown reason drop to 30 and jump all over the place. It never stabilizes. I don't know what the cause of the fluctuations are. My PMDG planes get better frame rates.

i've got a setup nearly identical to yours, but i don't notice any framerate drops in FS9 with the carenado models. could be some combination of the carenado + other add-on thats causing the problem?

I went to the Carenado sight and when I saw those great prices, my credit card just floated out my billfold into my hand. I was in a trance. I couldn't help myself.

I purchased:

C185F Bush package

C210 Centurin

Bonanza V 35

Hope that helps to convince Carenado to do more FS9.

Cheers

Jim

i've got a setup nearly identical to yours, but i don't notice any framerate drops in FS9 with the carenado models. could be some combination of the carenado + other add-on thats causing the problem?

It's the strangest thing. The Caravan dipped into the low 20's and teens on a takeoff roll. Every other aircraft I tried including the 5 Carenado aircraft I previously owned never strayed from 60.

Anyway I won't hijack the thread with my woes, so to all of you that are getting these great deals on some great planes, enjoy!

I'm looking into one or two of their aircraft, but I'm not sure which one to pick :( Which ones do you like more?

Looks like I'll be getting the Caravan, but I think I can afford another one. I'm not sure which one, all I know is I'd like it to be a fast GA plane. Decisions, decisions....

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.