Sign in to follow this  
Kattz

Favorite flight plans

I've searched the Avsim database looking for this but so far no real joy - is there a spot that simmers have placed their favorite flight plans into? Maybe for challenge, beauty, distance, etc? Would like to see what other NGXer's are flying.

Thanks.

I generally like to tour the world to new cities, locations and airports I haven't been to before. Right now I am flying to a coupe locations in New Zealand (Auckland then to Queenstown for a interesting RNP approach), as for favorite flights I really enjoyed flying into Nice, France then doing a bit of a tour of the coastline and around Corsica and return. My flight distances can range from short hops to pacific crossings (eg YSSY-KLAX) depending on my mood.

I don't do many repeated service type routes unless I am learning a new aircraft.

I'm a long haul guy - but since I bought he NGX this summer all my flights have been 4- hours. I only really fly RyanAir Virtual & a private 800WL. I can't wait to get back to ten plus hours in the 777 - can't see myself doing much short haul after that!

I do a ton of regional plus short/medium haul hops since I love to takeoff and land, also due to the DC-9 I rarely use the auto throttle and the autopilot gets basic usage on the NGX in fact I've switched to the Southwest style of instrumentation to suit my steam gauge desires, after discovering the diesel 9 I kinda regret flying hour after hour on L-NAV and V-NAV on my previous flights.

When I get the 777 it will be the same story but too bad there is no six pack option to switch to unless its a relative unknown option.

My favorite route is from Frankfurt to Munich. I've flown that route so many times in RL and I just love the beautiful approach in Munich, alongside the Apls. Personally I don't see the sense in cruising at FL380+ for 5 or more hours in FSX LOL

Therefore I prefer short flights, which will also be possible with the 777.

Kev,

You really won't find a ton of places with stored flight plans like that. As airspace changes, traffic flows change, and weather affects routes, those routes will change. Sure, there are prefroutes, but you don't need AVSIM for that. Just search FAA PREFROUTES, and you can even download it in CSV to keep it on your computer.

Keep in mind that the (rw) nav database updates every 28 days, and routes often change as a result. If you're looking for routes between North American destinations, take a look at FlightAware and use the "Forgot the Flight Number" button (which allows you to select the two airports). Those are always up to date.

If you want the highest accuracy, take the flight plans after the flight has departed, as those are the flight plans with any controller amendments in them. I flew a route a few days ago that changed at departure time based on route amendments by the control facilities.

Kyle Rodgers

LAX-MHTG is one of my favorites in the 737-800, because it has one of the most difficult approaches with a short runway and no real room for error. A long route like that usually has me pretty high in my landing weight, so I usually land without enough room to stop on the runway and end up using the very last high-speed at 15 knots or so as "remaining runway."

It's just as enjoyable to depart from MHTG in the 738 with a route heading towards KJFK. The high TOW left me with 5 feet remaining last time I tried it, but that was at summer with a higher pressure altitude.

Other than that, I like any flight into KDCA [River approach], or transatlantics [fun with FSCaptain and FSPax because of the possibility of failures on ETOPS flights].

Really - anything that gives me enough danger or excitement or thrill. :P

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

My favorite flightplan is EHAM - LOWI. Amsterdam is my favorite airport and Innsbruck has a very very nice approach to do with the amazing NGX. It takes more or less 46 minutes to fly there. I can really recommend the Innsbruck scenery to all of you ;)

Don't really have a favourite flight plan.

I just hop on flightaware and select the type of aircraft I want to fly in game, then choose a routing a d set it up.

I tend to fly whatever route suits the time I have available, with some consideration given to whether or not ATC is available via VATSIM. If the wife is at work for a couple hours, then I'm usually hopping around in the RealAir Duke/Turbine Duke, PMDG J41, or QW Avro-70/85/100. Typically either Pacific NW or New England areas. If I have a chunk, then I'll either run something between Alaska and the continental US, or transcon. Very rarely do I venture intl, though that will likely change when the T7 arrives.

On a side note, if you sign up for fltplan.com, you can create a flight plan and it will show you recently filed routes and recently assigned ATC routes between the airports you designated. It's a free registration, but the site can actually be used to file real flight plans, so I never finalize the plan ... I just enter enough information to see the routes and then return to the main menu and logout.

~Shaun O'Neil~

~Shaun O'Neil~

Here is a nice circle around central Europe for those who like short-haul flights, potentially featuring nice airports by Aerosoft, FlyTampa, FSDT, and UK2000. Some are better than others, but all are better than the default airports. I am not being biased against any specific European country—I mainly chose these routes based on the availability of good renditions of major international airports located close to the three European airports I currently own.

LOWW–LSZH–LSGG–EGLL–EGPH–EGLL–EHAM–EDDF–LOWW

Great, I'll check that loop out!

check this web page its been posted before but if you just want to fly short flights and in inclement weather

http://www.fourflights.com./

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg