Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

Altitude Arm?

Just got this and wondering if there is a fix so that the altitude select panel works properly?

ARM/ENG/VS SELECTION would be good to have.

If there is not, then wondering if the PC12 one will work...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I dont think its a simple fix as there are no clickspots defined in the VC.

I'm finding the best way round the problem is to turn on the AP after takeoff as soon as you've established your required climb rate. By default the AP holds vertical speed and levels the wings so you maintain runway heading and climb rate, once you're at TOC hit the ALT button which will capture and hold your altitude, after which you can use the altitude select panel to climb / descend and set vertical speed as required.

Fair enough, will try that next time. Shame they didn't make it work correctly though.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Why not just select ALT on autopilot before takeoff, set altitude and climb rate (and probably HDG and heading) and then after takeoff engage the autopilot?

Of course that is if you don't like hand flying. :-)

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Why not just select ALT on autopilot before takeoff, set altitude and climb rate (and probably HDG and heading) and then after takeoff engage the autopilot?

Thanks for that, I've tried it and indeed it works. I hadn't thought of trying it that way as past experience with other models having this setup has involved arming the AP with the required altitude and climb rate before taking off, and with a non functioning ARM button ............................

I just purchased this model on sale earlier this week and I guess I need to revisit the two hours or so I logged so far. I also snagged the 337 and spent more time with it this week over add-on VFR scenery in the Caribean due to the views available from that 337 model. Some more dated autopilot versions (IRL) require that you attain a target altitude, level off, and then and only then engage Altitude Hold. That is what I recall I experienced with the AP for this model. I will take a refreshed look tomorrow. I do not recall in this Caravan the ability to set a target altitude and ROC. I'll take another look.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just got this and wondering if there is a fix so that the altitude select panel works properly?

ARM/ENG/VS SELECTION would be good to have.

If there is not, then wondering if the PC12 one will work...

G

Yes, works great. Let me know if you need the cfg.