Sign in to follow this  
Adam106

Possible addition for next update?

I've just got back into the FS2Crew NGX version - and really having fun. However, a couple of possible additions occur to me:

1) A 'Cycle Flight Directors' command - to be used on an approach when you want to clear the FD&FMA but regain FD modes for a possible go-around. At the moment we have to command the FD off and then back on again - sounds a bit unnatural.

2) An option to call 'Visual' on an instrument approach. Calling visual would make the FO ignore the minimums callout and possibly say something like 'confirmed runway ahead'. The 747 version had something like this years ago.

3) For non-precision approaches - 'course alive' and glidepath alive calls - similar to the localiser and glideslope alive calls on an ILS - the boeing manuals have these in them.

4) There seems to be some mismatch between the GPWS height callouts and the FO's callouts. This is especially noticeable on a CAT 3A approach with 50' DH. I'm guessing the virtual FO is reading barometric altitude from FSX to simulate a 50' height call, only problem is the databases don't seem to match up, he's actually calling minimums at 25-30'. Any solution for this?

5) Final thing - back in the day of the original 737 version, you could do an abbreviated take off emergency brief for thru flights. Would be nice to have back...although I guess we wont get it.

Cheers,

Adam Turley

I agree for 1) 2) 3) 4). It would be great !

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

vpa055.png

Hi,

1. I'll let Damien answer. He designed the SOPs.

2. Good idea. Currently you'd have to change the Approach Type to 'Visual" on the Briefing Page to effect the change.

3. Tried, but I can't read the right data for that due to an SDK limit. Hopefully when PMDG releases V2 of the NGX, the SDK will be bolstered.

4. Make sure that Decision Height on the Approach Brief page is set to the the appropriate value. For a CAT II or III, the value will be a radar altimeter value, not a barometric value.

Remember that the FS2Crew FO bases his calls on this value set on the Approach Brief Pae, not the value actually selected via the PMDG 737 EFIS panel (unfortunately the SDK doesn't allow us to read that avalue)... And make sure the MINS selector is set properly on the EFIS panel. Set it to RADIO.

5. I'll think about that one. The brief is already pretty short...

Hi,

1. I'll let Damien answer. He designed the SOPs.

2. Good idea. Currently you'd have to change the Approach Type to 'Visual" on the Briefing Page to effect the change.

3. Tried, but I can't read the right data for that due to an SDK limit. Hopefully when PMDG releases V2 of the NGX, the SDK will be bolstered.

4. Make sure that Decision Height on the Approach Brief page is set to the the appropriate value. For a CAT II or III, the value will be a radar altimeter value, not a barometric value.

Remember that the FS2Crew FO bases his calls on this value set on the Approach Brief Pae, not the value actually selected via the PMDG 737 EFIS panel (unfortunately the SDK doesn't allow us to read that avalue)... And make sure the MINS selector is set properly on the EFIS panel. Set it to RADIO.

5. I'll think about that one. The brief is already pretty short...

Thanks Bryan. I've thought of a couple more things:

6) On a go-around the FO calls 'Positive rate' far too early. He's calling when the aircraft is still descending - could you program in a few more seconds delay to allow the climb to become established?

7) A little thing but the 'Select raw data on your side' command could be adjusted for a VOR approach. Currently the FO will always select APP on the EFIS control panel regardless of approach type. Could he select VOR for a VOR approach so we get a VOR rose?

Really looking forward to Emergency NGX.

Cheers,

Adam Turley

6) On a go-around the FO calls 'Positive rate' far too early. He's calling when the aircraft is still descending - could you program in a few more seconds delay to allow the climb to become established?

I just looked at the code.

He should only call "positive rate" when the climb rate is greater than 100 fpm.

You're positive you were climbing?

Other request I can add easily.

If I could add a request here;

1) When you select "TAKEOFF" and begin the takeoff phase, in addition to turning on the landing lights, could the FO also start the ET on the clock and then stop it on landing on his side?

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

If I could add a request here;

1) When you select "TAKEOFF" and begin the takeoff phase, in addition to turning on the landing lights, could the FO also start the ET on the clock and then stop it on landing on his side?

Regards,

Ró.

Yes! That would be very handy.

Fifi, but i think that's been mentioned :)

Plus one for starting the clock.

Plus one for a trucated brief for through flights - i tend to do a lot of short hops.

I've mentioned randomising some responses before...but i guess thats a project for another day. However, i was thinking on the weekend about what is was that makes the fa's seem fake. I think its because no matter what you're saying, the same line is used in reply. You know, '...let me know if amything changes' etc. either have at least one response per request, or if possible a bank of replies. Also, it's the same fa who was purser on all my other planes - so i've heard the same line so much!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Don't forget the "Set Squawk to xxxx" and I don't remember if it has been discussed before, if possible, set ADF on 258.0 for example.

If we must be quick, that means that the Emergency NGX is not too far away from release !!!! :rolleyes:

vpa055.png

Those two will have to come later... yes, Emergency NGX is 'that' close :-)

As for more random dialogues, perhaps in the 777.

What I really need as mentioned is a text to voice generator that actually sounds human; right now the best 3rd party voices sound grating after listening to them for more than 3 minutes (in my view). And I've heard they don't work on 64 bit machines, which is what most FS users have.

I have asked for this one before, may not be totally realistic, but would be extremely useful if you don't have a 'super speed' mouse wheel. The ability to ask the FO to set the DA, an example cropped up on the NGX forum when someone complained it takes forever to set the DA to 7100 ft.

It would be nice to just say "Baro 7100"

Glen

Glen