Sign in to follow this  
Need-To-Know

Saitek Switch Panel and Carenado 206 fsx crash

I posted this in the Carenado area here in the Avsim forum also. Sorry but I find that area of this forum confusing.

Yesterday I bought the 206 on sale from the Carenado website.

I have the Saitek switch panel. When I try to start the ac by turning the mag knob when I go past Both/All it crashes the sim with a loud repeating noise that makes me have to restart the computer to stop.

Any ideas or anyone have simular experiance?

Thanks

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Hi Rob,

I was googling "Carenado Saitek Switch Panel CTD" and found this entry to your post.

Both my Carenado Cessna 210 Centurion and PA46 Malibu are acting similar to your description. In my case, I can fire the engine, but as soon as I change views via any Ezdok keys, I have a CTD. I don't know if you have Ezdok cameras installed within you FS.

The walkaround I found is NOT use the Mags switch on the Saitek panel, instead I use the mouse on the aircraft panel. The other Saitek switches work well without any issues.

This problem occurs only in these two Carenado aircraft. I did not test the Caravan and the C152, which also have the Mags switch as a turning key.

The A2A C172 as well the MS default are working perfectly.

I think the problem is a conflict between some Carenado file and the Saitek Switch Panel driver.

Please let me know any news you step on.

Seasons Greetings

Heron Domingues Jr

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg