Sign in to follow this  
RogerA

Steve's Bkg.BMP does more...

after installation of Shader V3.2.1 and replacing bkg.bmp all static aircraft from Don Grovestine´s famous Victoria Intl Freeware airport are visible again. What a big step forward

Wulf

Now THAT is a big find! I have not been there recently, but it is my base airport for the PNW, and have cursed these aircraft for four months, finally disabling them altogether!!! Now we have them back! Thanks for this Wulf! You da Man!!!

:lol:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Amazing, I can now see my Pilatus Porter (FSD), the ATR 72 (with some transparency) and my Carenado 182RG!

Fabulous. Thank you Steve.

Dave

ps YYZ freeware airport scenery now works at night!

I have a B777-300 on which I converted the .bmp's to .dds with the help of Imagetool + bat file. This was all in vain and it just sat there on my FsX. Big was my surprise when I suddenly saw it in full livery when I opened my FsX after installing Steve;s latest upgrade. I immediately checked all my AI aircraft and all were in full livery. (I had them converted with Imagetool at the same time as the B777). This is really was giant step for Flightsim!! Thanks! I originally thought my FS had reverted to DirectX 9. (I have a relatively slow pc and noticed a drop in fpm, compared to DirectX 9, but I am working on it.) Thanks again.

This is an amazing find. I have all my ported carenado planes now working along with ATR72, Aerosim L1011 and the recent AI Orbx PNW.

Thank you so much for sharing this great fix,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It's great that the static aircraft now have textures, the AI have textures, and the scenery night textures are there even if not lit.

Another great improvement.

Thanks

Peter

"Lit" is coming, Peter....

but I think that activating those FS9 aircraft is going to kill any MyTrafficX or UT traffic. I haven't had much free time to properly verify that, but it's a "sense" I get from the other airports that I've visited.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

"Lit" is coming, Peter....

WoW! YES! Steve Clauss is coming to town! :biggrin: