Sign in to follow this  
uscgjoker

FSX slows down near certain airports

Good evening and greetings from FL230! I was hoping to get some opinions or tips/suggestions on why FSX slows down at certain airports. I experience this at large airports like KORD, KDTW, KATL and I am sure I will experience it at KJFK. My specs and add-on's are attached to my profile.

If this is not the right spot to post it, I apologize

Thank you for your help.

Put simply, those airports are trying to throw more data down the pipeline to end up on your monitor. If the pipeline isn't big enough, the data slows down. Everyone gets to that point. Options are to reduce your settings (particularly traffic), play with config files, bigger, faster, more hardware or just put up with it. I'm sure many people have done the first three to reach the point where they can accept the fourth.

Big, complicated airports means lots of scenery and activity which will bog down a computer. Autogen scenery is a big offender, AI traffic, both air and surface, will slow down a system and advanced animations such as the animated jetways can cripple a computer at the big hub airports.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Not trying to sound rude or mean, but if you are having issues with your system bogging down around KORD, KDTW, KATL and maybe KJFK... then I would HIGHLY suggest to you that you STAY AWAY from KSEA, KLAX, and KSFO for starters. There are a few others on the west coast, but when Microsoft made the scenery, they BOTCHED IT UP BAD!!!

My computer specs are to the left, and I usually get about 15-19 FPS anywhere in the world --EXCEPT-- KSEA, LAX & SFO. those 3 spots it plummets in a flatspin down to around **5** FPS. there is nothing I can do about it, and even with having ORBX PNW around Seatle... I still get 5!!! its just to coding. I have to put up with it.

DirtyBird1980,

I fly for a virtual air cargo and typically only fly from KIND to PANC, luckily I do not have these issues there. Right now we are doing a special event that have us landing at some larger airports.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Not trying to sound rude or mean, but if you are having issues with your system bogging down around KORD, KDTW, KATL and maybe KJFK... then I would HIGHLY suggest to you that you STAY AWAY from KSEA, KLAX, and KSFO for starters. There are a few others on the west coast, but when Microsoft made the scenery, they BOTCHED IT UP BAD!!!

My computer specs are to the left, and I usually get about 15-19 FPS anywhere in the world --EXCEPT-- KSEA, LAX & SFO. those 3 spots it plummets in a flatspin down to around **5** FPS. there is nothing I can do about it, and even with having ORBX PNW around Seatle... I still get 5!!! its just to coding. I have to put up with it.

In what way did Microsoft "BOTCHED IT UP BAD" and what in the "CODING" is wrong with these airports.?

You appear to know something that is not common public knowledge.

You can't expect much more with your current hardware. :Peace:

Some developers, such as FlyTampa, produce more performance-friendly scenery products than others do (maybe more-efficient code?). You can try the products of these developers if you are experiencing performance issues with products of other developers, but I'm not sure that any payware airport will have frame rates that are better than those of a default airport.