Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Only default airplanes and things work. Add on's do not.

I am stumped and hoping someone has seen and solved this problem. I have re-installed the operating system and FSX (using Nick's guide) twice. FSX default works fine including simconnect between a client and server. However, payware aircraft do not communicate with FSX. PMDG, Aivlasoft, F1 Mustang and EZDOK do not work. The Mustang attempts to load then displays an error message 'Network Error Simconnect Blocked'. The plane loads but the VC is not visible and no control in the 2d mode. The J41 loads but cannot move throttles and displays are blank. Aivalasoft EFB will not connect to FSX. I have removed a audio card, change video drivers and tried different LAN and chip set drivers. What is common to all this that suddenly changed? Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks.

Bob

Can you scan your C:\Windows\winsxs folder for SimConnect.dll? You should at least have one. That's were the local Simconnect stuff resides and if you find different versions of the dll it's not a problem.

A problem does arise when the correct version for the addon in use is missing. And you can't really install much in that folder, at least not without knowing what you are doing.

A clean Windows and fresh FSX installation should create the entries though. That side-by-side config is a pain and I saw quite some folks 'optimizing' their setup, editing user rights and folders in that Windows system, and making things worse. Not saying that it can't be repaired though.

If you right click a dll and look at the details, you can see the version number. This should reflect the Simconnect version of FSX RTM, SP1 and SP2/AC. If you have those three, every FSX addon around should be able to use either one or the other version.

10.0.60905.0 RTM; 10.0.61242.0 SP1; 10.0.61259.0 SP2/Acceleration

Hi and thank you. All three .dll's are in that folder. The fact that Plan-G on my client can connect to FSX on my server via simconnect means that part is working. I have installed FSX many times and a fresh install of the OS and FSX has always fixed a problem. Not this time and I wonder if there is any hardware issue that could be causing this problem. Thanks!

Bob

I doubt that it's a hardware issue, Bob. Here's a description on how to get a Simconnect log. Maybe it helps. http://forum.simflig...ing-simconnect/

Ok, thank you.

Bob

Why are you doing a fresh install multiple times? You should never have to reinstall windows or fsx more than once.

How long have you been a Flight Sim user? :) Many of us make changes to our systems and eventually goof it up enough to re-install the OS and FSX. In this case I wanted to make sure I was not missing something on the first install and formatted the hard drive and did it all over. The same thing is happening and I'm stumped. It appears any add on that uses either the C++ libraries or Simconnect will not work. I don't know which. Thanks.

Bob

Reading C++ is a good point too. I think somewhere over in Pete's forums is a list on what other components are needed for Simconnect. I think the 2005 (SP1) runtime and some xml parser thingy. But this should already be there from your fresh installation of FSX.

Either way, one can check this too of course. The programs and features list from Windows should show those items. From my experience, the local Simconnect and the networked operation are two different things. I saw folks being able to connect to FSX via a networked client but not locally.

Also, the different versions may come into play with certain addons. While the one thing is looking for a SP1 simconnect, another one may need the SP2 version. Both can coexist and, sometimes, even have to. They don't replace each other.

All three .dll's are in that folder.

That's a good sign. Do they all differ on the version tag?

Yes, they do. I am really befuddled now as I installed FSX on a different Win 7 (I7-3770) and got the same error message when loading the T185 this time (simconnect blocked). It makes no sense to me that following the install guide as I have many times in the past results in this error. Do you know of a download for the other simconnect msi apps? I know how to get them via the SDK but it's a lot of loading etc. Thank you so much for trying to help. Also, I'm going to take a close look at my AV Webroot as that is common to both machines. Thanks.

Bob

I'm not at my system right now. But here's a bit of read on the Simconnect issue and how to get at least the updated SDK and clients. http://www.fsdevelop...tallation_(FSX)

Best way to start is to install the SDK, grab the client file, update to SP1, grab the new client file and then update to Acceleration SDK, once again grabbing the updated client. Now I think that the client installers only fix some network related simconnect problems. The local stuff may still fail due to that strange Win side-by-side config. But it's worth a try.

I think I did save the different clients back home. I also think that e.g. the REX forums offer a link to one of them to allow for a networked setup.

Could it be a problem with your dll.xml file? I once had a problem with an installation of the LevelD 767 messing up that file and disabling most of my addons.

Michael Cependa

Developer Aerosoft DC-8

Last time I installed the OS and then FSX I did so without any AV installed, Windows Firewall off and got the same message attempting to load the Mustang. The only programs in common between the two computers is basically Webroot AV and Disk Keeper defrag. What a puzzle.

Bob.. :)