Jetstream32_15.png

Jetstream32_4.png

Jetstream32_16.png

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Very nice go anywhere aircraft!

HLJAMES

What's the purpose of the wire connecting the tail and the top of the nose? I have seen this on the C-130, but do not know what its function is.

What's the purpose of the wire connecting the tail and the top of the nose? I have seen this on the C-130, but do not know what its function is.

If I'm not mistaken, they are HF antennas. They are not common on the Jetstream. Or at least, I haven't seen them on the 10 or so Jetstreams I regularly see and the ones I fly.

If I'm not mistaken, they are HF antennas.

That long wire is an antenna? How does it work (and not break or weaken due to natural forces or winds), being suspended through the air like that? Is it not some sort of power/stability mechanism?

That long wire is an antenna? How does it work (and not break or weaken due to natural forces or winds), being suspended through the air like that? Is it not some sort of power/stability mechanism?

It's basically just a metal wire that 'responds' to certain radio frequencies. The exact working is a bit too much to explain for me, but just look up 'wire antenna' on Google or Wikipedia and you should end up with truckloads of information.

Since it's just a bit of wire, it doesn't do much for stability, and any cables for power can be routed inside the aircraft. And as for breaking or weakening, just look at a plane like the Pitts S2 with it's wire struts to support the wings :).

Great shots! I like the lil' Jetstream, looks like a fun. I'll have to look into the X- one of these days.

Regards,

Jure

It's basically just a metal wire that 'responds' to certain radio frequencies. The exact working is a bit too much to explain for me, but just look up 'wire antenna' on Google or Wikipedia and you should end up with truckloads of information.

Since it's just a bit of wire, it doesn't do much for stability, and any cables for power can be routed inside the aircraft. And as for breaking or weakening, just look at a plane like the Pitts S2 with it's wire struts to support the wings :).

Thanks for the information. Having wires like that always looked weird to me, especially on larger aircraft such as the C-130. The Pitts S2 looks very interesting with its wire supports. I can't say it looks very elegant or sleek, though. . . .

Thanks Guys,Much Appreciated, And THX for the Antenna info.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Beautifull shots,Patrick!

I will be getting XP after Christmas.

Too busy with DCS at the moment. :lol:

Regards.