Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Importing flt plan whats the deal

Ok Guys:

Would like some input as to why I can not import an rte file into ngx anymore, from what I read at EFB forums pmdg has asked them to stop allowing this after paying a lot of money it is now useless, is there another way of doing this, I want to import a pln file into a program and save it out as a rte file and get it to load into ngx fmc, you may ask why are you importing a pln file into EFB because I like the program Ideal Flight it does a great job of setting up a nice flight plan but need the rte file to load into the ngx, any help would be much appreciated. When I load the rte file saved out of EFB all sids and stars are missing.

Rich Sennett

This I dont understand.

I get company routes from my VA, paste them into EFB, adds the alternates and FL and saves the rte-file to my PMDG directory and also a pln-file to my desktop.

The rte-file opens just fine in NGX FMC and the pln-file I open in AS2012 to get my weather and winds aloft sorted.

You should never need to import SID and STARs into the FMC as you do not know them at the time of route planning. I am not sure this is even possible?

The departure rwy and SID is given to you normally at the point of clearance. The STAR, well, you dont know that until you are close to the arriving apt.

Regards,

Morten

23.png

SID/STARs are supposed to be missing. You can find some posts from Tabs on this in the forum.

I have built flight plans in the past pre determined sid and stars save route out of EFB then import the file into the fmc no problem, I dont have time to fiddle around with an atc that doesnt work so pre plan is my way of doing it. I do not fly VA just fly in fsx FYI.

Here is the quote from EFB Support:

I can answer your PMDG SIDS and STARS question. Basically PMDG asked Aivlasoft and other similar vendors to remove the facility to import S&S into PMDG aircraft because it would crash their NGX FMC sometimes. So rather than waste a lot of time fixing the problem they asked vendors to stop supporting that facility because they say it's not done like that in real life anyway, or words to that effect, which isn't always true, but whatever, lol.

Rich Sennett

I assume you're all referring to aivlasofts efb?

For myself I use fsbuild to export the flight plans and have never had a problem. Even my sid/star procedures get imported.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

Yes AJ aivlasofts efb I can not import a pln file into fsbuild correct ? I have this great program (ideal flight) that puts together a flight plan from departure runway to Destination complete all sids and stars - I need to get this into a program to save it out as a rte file, EFB will open it but when I save it out and import it into FMC its missing sid ans stars yes I can build one manually takes lot more time than I have I purchased Ideal Flight for this ease of use but from what I am seeing EFB wont do it anymore and cant believe I am the only one doing it this way, thanks.

Rich Sennett

Sorry, I understand, then I cannot help you. I fly with online ATC only and EFB and NGX is working so well simulating real life that I can only recommend that you try it.

Once you try you will never go back. "As real as it gets" :)

23.png

Thanks Morten as soon as I can I ahve wanted to give that a go, take care :)

Rich Sennett

Thanks Morten as soon as I can I ahve wanted to give that a go, take care :)

If you'd like to stick with the FSX ATC, save two files:

One to load into FSX's route planner so ATC recognizes it.

One to load into the NGX.

As mentioned, SID/STARS are so dynamic (they change often) that if you built them into the plans, the next chart cycle might render it useless. The plane will be looking for the PRYME1 SID, but the new chart cycle has the PRYME2. It wouldn't key in on this and could cause issues.

Additionally, these SID/STARS may also change depending on time and day, so it's a lot easier to load up the core part of the route and just select the SID/STAR when you're ready to go flying.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle:

Just opened this particular rte I am having touble with klas to kphx in notepad and it seems incomplete after export out of EFB - while others look fine and load in ngx so it looks like EFB is the culprit at the moment on this save out which is weird because it saves others fine, thanks so much. Well after more playing around after loading EFB service packs all seems well but not using latest build of EFB do not want to loose rte import options.

Rich Sennett

Rich,

I knew I had read it somewhere, and it took me a while to find it, but here is the explanation why SIDS/STARS will not load properly into the FMS "unless" they are generated by the FMS. It comes from the introductory statement by RSR on this forum for Service Pack 1B. Since the introductroy statement for SP1C overwrote that information, it's a good thing I took a screen cap so I could show it to you now.

SP1bReleaseNotes1_zps79cec681.jpg

There is an additional blurb on page 112 of the Introduction for SP1C, also.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Ah Dennis thanks so much for taking the time, I think this statment is ok but most times I think the import will work just fine and we should at least have a choice, having to manually do it sometimes is fine not all the time fyi I have loaded 4 plans today with no problem, no reason not to have the option, if it works cool if not we can deal with that also - take care.

Rich Sennett

Rich, yes I never had any problem importing SIDS/STARS before SP1B. I think this is a case of a few hardware problems causing the nix of the whole deal. Oh well, maybe they'll fix it in SP2.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg