Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Airbus X Extended Released

Hello,

I have a simple question.

The original bus was a complete no go for me because I couldn't control the throttle with my PFC throttle quadrant (serial connected).

I did understand that the original bus had some other issues with the controls and I am wondering now if the extended version has the same throttle logic.

If so, then again this will be a bus I cannot use on my setup.

All tips appreciated

Luc Bruselmans

Belgium

Although I wouldn't agree it's a hog, the Exrtended does seem a lot heavier on frames than Aerosoft suggested. Comments about it being 'easier on frames than the default A321" don't appear to be the case at my end, and I have had to reduce settings to get smooth operation, lower than those settings I use for the NGX.

At this point I'd say that the Extended is about 5-10% heavier on frames than the NGX, on my system.

It's still a wonderful add-on and the best Airbus ever released for FSX (so far!), but "frame rate friendly" it is not. :smile:

There is a bug in the HTML interface that is causing performance and stutter issues. You need to set the entry for the HTML Interface in the FMGS.ini file to 0!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

OK..I have been able to start the engines.. I needed to close the doors.

But then the PFD and the ND doesn't come on properly. Is all RED. I have an IR NOT aligned message. I tried resetting the IR...but doesn't help

The Airbus is made for you, perfect, enjoy.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It could be that I don't get the humour, but are we now making fun of folks asking for help? I hope not. :mellow:

Guest Raul_Hernandez

There is a bug in the HTML interface that is causing performance and stutter issues. You need to set the entry for the HTML Interface in the FMGS.ini file to 0!

Oh thanks so much, I didn't know of this one - I'll go try that now! :smile:

EDIT: Excuse my thickness but I'm having trouble finding the FMGS.ini file in the aircraft sub-folders, or the FSX / Aerosoft folder. Could you confirm it's location please?

I wonder if one can share the MCDU over the web. Please post your address here. ^_^

No we are not. No pocking fun at anyone.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Oh thanks so much, I didn't know of this one - I'll go try that now! :smile:

EDIT: Excuse my thickness but I'm having trouble finding the FMGS.ini file in the aircraft sub-folders, or the FSX / Aerosoft folder. Could you confirm it's location please?

It's in the Flight Simulator X sub folder in your documents folder. (Same as where the FS flightplans are stored)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Raul_Hernandez

It's in the Flight Simulator X sub folder in your documents folder. (Same as where the FS flightplans are stored)

Thank you!

First tests - yes, this definitely seems to be improving smoothness and frame rates.... great find!

I wonder if one can share the MCDU over the web. Please post your address here. ^_^

I think Aerosoft made it so that you have to be on the same network. If that's not the case I'd still advise against sharing the connection information on an open forum.

Im afraid this addon got uninstalled the same day I installed it. During the process my throttle quadrant seems to have broken. It worked perfectly up untill I had to perform the "fixes" to get this addon working alongside other premium addons and FSUIPC. Now the mid-lever of my proflight throttle quad isnt working any more. Might be coincidental, but after 10 hours of trying to get this addon to work and fixing my throttle I decided it wasnt worth it. I filed for a refund.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Gee there really are some bitter people out there. Some are experimenting and commenting and asking for advice which is great. Thats what the forum is for. But then you have people like Murden. Thanks for wasting my time with your rubbish posts

Gee there really are some bitter people out there. Some are experimenting and commenting and asking for advice which is great. Thats what the forum is for. But then you have people like Murden. Thanks for wasting my time with your rubbish posts

]..........and thanks for making your post's readable :)

]..........and thanks for making your post's readable :)

No problems :) Have worked hard on my English language skills since leaving the UK in May lol

I dont know if by "alot of bitter people" you were referring to me among others? I hope you dont think I'm bitter. I'm just an unsatisfied customer in regards to the airbus x. I wouldnt have posted at all unless I ended up with a broken throttle. That will cost me some real money. Other than that: If it works for you, then I'm happy for you! :)

Merry Christmas!

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78