Sign in to follow this  
ajpongress

DBS Airport GPS

Does anyone else have this product?

I just bought it, and have been trying to update it to the latest 1.9 version but it refuses to update. Keeps telling me version 1.6 in FSX.

I've emailed their support email twice over 48 hours and no response from these guys.

Do they have a forum somewhere?

Other than your bug and slow response - opinions ?

I've been considering it as well...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have it and love it! Due to a reinstall I had to reactivate and I got my response quickly. Don 't know if it was automated or not. As to support reponse - I've found that around this time of the year it gets slow.

IAC, I would recommend the product.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Well, the Airport GPS still isn't working.

It's been 6 days since I bought it and a fix is nowhere in sight.

The developer finally emailed me back and told me to reinstall...I did that six times already.

Then he said to install again without uninstalling. That broke everything. The 'About' page with the version number wouldn't even work.

Then he asked me to delete my registration key and request a new one. I was already put off by their registration process, but having to generate a new request, email it, and wait for the product key to be emailed back to me a second time was almost too much.

But I did it, got the new key, and now every time I try to open the GPS window I get an error message that says "Airport GPS installation to panel failed!". I get it with every aircraft in my hanger, both default and payware.

I told the developer, and his answer was to run FSX as admin, saying the GPS software couldn't write to my aircraft panels because of a lack of authorization from windows.

Well, not only is my UAC (User Account Control) disabled, but I have "Run as Administrator" checked in the FSX.exe properties, checked in the shortcut to FSX, and I also run the shortcut by right clicking and choosing "Run as Administrator" every time I launch FSX. Overkill, I know...but with FSX I don't take any chances.

I told the developer I got that error message running as admin, and that's the last email we traded.

At this point I think this purchase is going to be posted in the 'Most Regrettable Purchases' thread, because it's been nothing but trouble.