Sign in to follow this  
Mike Madin

Autopilot dial setting adjustments

Good day

I have checked the forums and can find no references to the problem just started on all the aircraft in my FSX..

The adjustment parameters on all my A/P dials have somehow changed so that they now only allow degrees of 10 or 100 or 10000 and no longer allow units of 1,2,3,4 etc. Headings only move in multiplies of 10, Speed also, only multiplies of 10.

I am guessing that something in the FSX cfg file has changed as it happens in all the aircraft but I do not know where to look.

I have recently installed the DX10 downloads and am runnig in DX10 mode and have had much improved performance but I cannot tie down these changes to the problem with dialling changes.

Can anyone help with this please???

ou toppie

Good day,

An update. This problem also affected the radio dialling parameters.

I have managed to get rid of the problem by going out of DX10 profile, having a quick flight in DX9 ( where the problem did not occur ) and then back into DX10 profile.

All is now "normal " again.

I intend printing off the 2 FSX cfg files and see if I can spot anything obvious, but would still appreciate any help from anyone who could point me in the direction of where to look.

Thanks

ou toppie

This problem is almost always caused by badly written gauge code, either in a 2D gauge or in a 3D modelled gauge, which is causing one or more FS commands to be issued continually.

I suspect that continued experimentation will determine that one particular aircraft is causing this problem. Further experimentation can then determine which gauge or gauges are the culprits. Suitable replacements can then be sought. If the offending code is in the model file, you're cooked - you can either live with the problem or use another aircraft.

Doug