Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 12/17 - The Hilo Limbo

Going back to Hawaii for this one. A little change up once in a while is a good thing.

This also appears to be a user generated Aerocache. I had been wondering what happened to these . Let's see how it goes.

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I was going to add that one could to "Limbo" for the cache or not. Depends on how adventurous one feels. :lol: I could see the tiny blinking aerocache marker from a long ways off as I was flying at night. It was fun to try and zero in on it.

I came in a little to high and hot to limbo, but still collected the cache by almost taking the paint off the roofs. This was a fun one.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

This was a nice one, thanks to houston.

Reminded me how nice and detailed Hawaii is. Maybe i`m back there for some jobs.

Earlier this year a respected member of this community asked me what the "thing" was with Flight? I replied that sometimes it was just about having a little fun.

So I'm approaching the airport from the south, aiming to land in the parking lot and walk over to get the AC. Then... I start thinking that I can get the Icon underneath the walkway... Landing gear UP! One more tree in the way and I'm still high. Not a problem, I use the speed brakes (open the hatch on the Icon!) and dive down. Get about five feet off the ground and the stall horn is going off while the hatch is closing. Firewall the throttle and pull UP, nice thing to do in a stall, right? Get the AC and go over the top of the second walkway and point the nose back down, where I gain just the right amount of speed to avoid crashing. Level off, start climbing and circle around for a smooth landing on rwy 26.

Don't know how or why, but me and the Icon have this thing going and I'm not going to question what it is, but that little plane has saved my behind more than once during my flying escapades!! B)

I agree Meshman. It's all about having a little fun. If you want to make a serious flight, you can do that also. But for me, it's about the fun and not taking anything too seriously. That and the graphics which are outstanding and make for some great sightseeing.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

You are one crazy pilot, Lance! :lol: Thanks for the idea, will try it now.

Took off from Mauna Kea - I love this strip where you can't see where you're going.

Hilo-01_zps22ba9199.jpg

Hilo-02_zpse70b5b8e.jpg

Hilo Tower, this is Luis in his ICON about to kamikaze your passenger terminal. :LMAO:

Hilo-03_zps0b27bbec.jpg

Hilo-04_zpsfd7e16c1.jpg

Hilo-05_zps5a9eb50b.jpg

Then, around for a landing.

Hilo-06_zps24408e87.jpg

Parked in the midst of the lovely scenery. All of Hawai'i is beautiful

Hilo-07_zpsa9dfbcba.jpg

Great fun, thanks again, Lance, and the guy who came up with the location. Keep it up, Chloe, more like this. B)

Best regards.

Luis

Really just so happy to see a "Community Cache". I jumped on this, and as soon as I saw the title, I knew where it was going to be. Took my Cub and swooped it up. This was a great place to park so you wouldn't get dive bombed by young pilots. Now they are enabled! Nice work on a really fun cache. Keep it rolling.