Sign in to follow this  
Ian McPhail

Aeorsoft Airbus Extended off to a bumpy start

The Extended is a great looking aircraft with apparently great functionality.

The MCDU is really two: the Captains is the one for flight planning, fuel and weight, etc. For me the first glitch, and remember it may be just me, is an inability to Save a route even though I think I have painstakingly followed the manual. The right hand setting has all the setup details, chocks etc, you name it, and is really good.

The second is I have no throttles, my CH quadrant has buttons that work according to their previous settings but none of the throttle or other levers function. I am not the only one with this issue, there are many, but I think I may have to try the (to me) hated FSUIPC options. Too complex for my tiny brain.

Meanwhile I will return to a competitor until Aerosoft has sorted out some of these issues. Lets face it RTM is by far the widest set of beta testers around and any and all bugs will be quickly identified.

Ian, use the LuA scripts for fsuipc, simple as dropping two files into your P3D modules folder and your throttles work.

Thanks Joshua, I didn't add a number at the end, but although there is apparently a MCDU manual, I can't find it amongst the documentation.

WR also thanks, but where can I get these LUAs from? Sorry to be so naive.

PS I have been to the Aerosoft forum but there is a long queue of questions ahead of mine and the FAQs are a bit off the pace.

It must be system specific. I picked this up yesterday, and while I only have the Saitek X52 setup, I have not the slightest problem. I did a quick test flight from KMIA to KJAX and she handled like a dream. I know this is not NGX depth wise, but she is and was just what I was looking for.

The FTW system, which is totally new to me is also pretty neat. I would be interested to learn more though about these throttle issues, and I am so unfamiliar with the aircraft that I don't know if I am getting the full thing, or I just don't know any better, but I have yet to have any issues with throttles. Only thing I noticed is that the taxi is kinda weird, very much different than the 737...but again, not sure if that is the way it is suppose to be and I just don't know any better, or if it is an issue.

Haha everyone panicking because of all these problems that happen when releasing a product. Thats why I always wait at least a week to buy new FS addons just so this stuff could possibly get fixed. And I have been waiting for the extended version for a long time.

Haztronic, so few of us have your strength of character!

But I did make a serious mistake. May throttle levers are on a CH Quadrant, not a Saitek, so if there is a fix for them not working in the Extended I would be grateful. They work perfectly in everything else including the BBS Airbus.

I have FSUIPC in the registered version, but I have never figured it out, and though I revere Pete Dowson, he's not the most patient in his forum.

May throttle levers are on a CH Quadrant, not a Saitek, so if there is a fix for them not working in the Extended I would be grateful.

Ian, I am personally handling all the throttle issues here, http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/550-throttle-issues-without-fsuipc/

As I said earlier on, I dont offer support here, so come down there to the forum, and I will personally assist you.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

a few weeks... I usually wait a few months until the dust is really settled, ha! Luckily for me I have no real interest in the 320 or 321 so it's not hard for me to resist purchasing. Now if they release a 318 or 319 that's a different story - just luv the 'baby busses".

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

The Blackbox Simulation Airbus has a very good A319 in a variety of liveries. It is perfect for Europe. There is a good range of liveries with it.

The sim is in v0.54 but 0.6 is to be released very soon. Its only small drawback is its reliance on the default fuel and payload menu.

I believe, though I am not absolutely certain, that they plan an A318 (CJ?) soon.