Sign in to follow this  
AIRHOG

REX Essential Plus with OD troubles

I just purchased REX Plus for FSX, and the textures don't load, I keep getting a message from FSX that the weather theme could not be loaded because of possible missing files and then REX gives a message that all weather was loaded successfully, but my skies are all clear (Supposed to be overcast). Now, I don't know how long it takes to be "Verified" by the REX forums, but they have a "Pinned" topic there that will supposedly fix this problem, but I'm not allowed to access this top secret information until my verification is approved. lol Does anyone know what this info is?!?!

I too encountered this EXACT issue (same screen message) several times during a cross-country flight between KLAX and KJFK. It's perplexing, and would LOVE to hear about it if it gets 'fixed' - except I got the error not when I first started REX, but after 1+ hours of flight. I have gotten it twice and I'm only 1/2 way through a 6 hour flight.

I click OK, then manually load the weather (?)

I don't know why the theme would try to reload during flight (?) makes no sense to me... why would it work fine when I'm loading up to take off, then stop working during flight after a couple of hours ???

Here is what the forum pinned topic said in REX support:

TN20121112 - 005 - WXPLUS WEATHER NOT INJECTING

TITLE:

WXPLUS mode weather not injecting

SEVERITY:

Severe

ISSUE:

During the injection process of the WXPLUS mode, the user receives an error message within FSX/P3D, that the "The weather theme could not be loaded. Please check this file exists and try again."

CAUSE:

1. Improper installation of upgrade over full version.

2. Having full version and upgrade installed in Program Files.

3. Anti-virus software stopping file creation or file movement.

4. User Account Settings not being set to NEVER NOTIFY

5. Not having permissions between folders in a network setup.

6. Not having your CONFIGURATION MANAGER->GENERAL TAB->SIMULATOR LOCATION is set to the folder where FSX or Prepar3d Is installed.

7. Not having the correct Simconnect version installed.

SOLUTION:

CAUSE # 1 - Un-install the full version and upgrade version and re-install in a different folder that is outside of the Program Files, such as C:\REX. Be sure that you install the upgrade into the same folder as the full version such as C:\REX.

CAUSE # 2 - See solution to cause # 1.

CAUSE # 3 - Turn off the windows service for the anti-virus software, during use. We recommend Microsoft's Security Essential as a good anti-virus software.

CAUSE # 4 - Search for "UAC" under your "Search for Programs and Files". Be sure to set the UAC to "Never Notify". You must have Administrator rights to your system to change this settings.

CAUSE # 5 - Be sure that you have administrative rights set on both machines and folders if running a client/server setup. Go to the CONFIGURATION MANAGER->GENERAL TAB and be sure that you SIMULATOR FOLDER SETTING is set to the proper folder where FSX or P3D is installed.

CAUSE # 6 - Be sure to verify that your SIMULATOR FOLDER LOCATION is set to the folder where FSX or Prepar3D is installed.

CAUSE # 7 - Where REX is installed there is a Simconnect.msi file. Click that file to install the correct Simconnect.

VERSIONS AFFECTED:

REX Essential Plus 3.1.2012.1028

REX Essential Plus 3.5.2012.1029

UPDATES:

none

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Hey there, Robert. Thanks for the info. I just tried the things that they suggested (from your post), but nothing worked for me. Imagine that. LOL! I can't get textures from REX to load into FSX either (Clouds or airport textures). And I don't really understand how to get the files to "Share" (REX and FSX). They might not even be sharing any info. I right clicked over each folder, went to properties, then sharing, advanced sharing, and then just clicked "share this folder". Is that correct?!?

@John and Robert - Please email me directly at: r_stough@realenvironmentxtreme.com and please provide a link to this post.

This is issue is sporatic and we currently are beta testing Service Pack 1 for REX Essential Plus/OD to address this issue and a few others.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I'll be waiting for the SP1 then. lol I hope it's soon....

By the way, Robert, I get the message as I fly also. And when I do happen to get weather it's just the FSX textures. I have yet to even see REX textures with the exception of the REX workroom under the "Textures" tab. Oh, and also when I bought the program, and a video on youtube. Hopefully, someday, I'll be able to see them on my FSX....someday...

I am posting this here in case anyone needs additional help.

Windows 8 is even more tight security wise and when I personally updated to Windows 8 I had all kinds of initial issues.

This is what we recommend:

1.) If you can we strongly recommend you re-install FSX outside of the Program Files folders.

2.) We recommend that you install REX in the default folder C:\REX Essential Plus Overdrive or something like that (i.e. C:\REX)

If you are the administrator of your system then you will not have to run either application as admin.

If you can’t move FSX you will need to set special permissions on FSX for files to be moved over.

1.) Right click on the parent folder where FSX is installed, for example C:\Program File (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

2.) Select Properties on the pop-up menu

3.) Select the Security Tab

4.) If you name is not listed under Group or User names, click the Edit button and add your profile.

5.) After you name is added, highlight your name and in the “Permissions for Users” box give yourself full control by checking all the boxes.

6.) Click the Apply button and then OK.

This should allow you to transfer the WXPLUS files and textures.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Thanks for all of the help, rstough! I moved FSX to the C: location and then reinstalled REX next to it. So far everything works great, although I don't have time, right now, to fly. But I'm pretty sure that everything will work as advertised.

I've been getting the same error message, although none of the above steps helped. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalled. Now Rex claims that I am not connected to the internet, even though I clearly am. 

REX relies upon servers for weather, and a separate server to generate the map in the RX interface running while you're in FSX.

From time to time, server issues show up, but get resolved very quickly. Go look in the REX forum when you have intermittent issues; if your install's been running fine, chances are it's just a temporary server issue.