Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

Boon to pilots new FuelPlanner website takes the guesswork out!

The site has changed its web address and is 100% free for fuel planning. Supports add-on payware aircraft e.g. PMDG NGX and iFly NG (among others).

Simple to use, gives metar to help plan your departure/arrival runways, gives fuel load and aircraft weight along with appropriate Cost Index.

Gives total flight time from the blocks to destination, gives total available fuel time including reserve.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Did I mention it's FREE? FuelPlanner.com

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Er... how can it calculate fuel if you can't tell it the flightplan you are going to use...? You can only enter the departure and destination airport so what about SIDs, STARs and various probable deviations from that straight A to B flight...? What about the altitude? Flying at 6000 feet or FL340 does make a difference too, I think...?

Er... how can it calculate fuel if you can't tell it the flightplan you are going to use...? You can only enter the departure and destination airport so what about SIDs, STARs and various probable deviations from that straight A to B flight...? What about the altitude? Flying at 6000 feet or FL340 does make a difference too, I think...?

For what your using it for, a FAKE pilot. It works very well. It does take into account deversions, holds etc. Been using it for yrs and never failed me.

I agree with the comment by Rendi. It's worked quite well for me, and while it's not 100% RW because it doesn't include Sid/Stars specifically, I believe the program is smart enough to predict fuel based on historical flight information. I know they have a capacity for Sim pilots to feed data back to the FuelPlanner website, and over time they likely are seeing actual RW fuel usage by the sim community and average it out.

I can tell you on a 5.5 hour flight from KLAX to KJFK yesterday, I relied on all their information via the Loadsheet, set my PMDG 737NGX accordingly with fuel and Zero Fuel Weight and Cost Index info off that Loadsheet, and landed with about 5000 pounds of fuel still available, which is my default safety margin.

Try it? Maybe you'll like it, and if you don't, it didn't cost a penny.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

That site is down at the moment :-(

It's working just fine today (12/20/12). Have a peek.

FuelPlanner (DOT) com

They offer a client program that allows online pilots who are willing - to share their ACTUAL fuel usage for each flight with Fuel Planner's website. Then, over time, this actual data is used to further refine the fuel load estimates from the site. This data sharing is 100% optional- you are free to use their site and NOT share your fuel usage if that's more to your liking.

I like the metar data for both departure and arrival airports, and the Cost Index all of which appear on the Loadout sheet. Also the two critical data- the fuel load and the zero fuel weight for proper programming of the FMC.

I pump both of those into the 737NGX pre-flight, along with the Cost Index. It's working so well I use this site preflight EVERY flight, even ones I have used it on before. As I mentioned, I was able to fly LA to JFK and wound up on the ground with the proper reserves still on board after 5.5 hours in the air.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Indeed, its fine now, but was down for quite some time earlier... Thanks for the link Robert....

Bookmarked this for when my knowledge catches up with the tools..

Feel like a Woman with a cordless drill sometimes in FSX, no idea what to do with all these tools lol!

Indeed, its fine now, but was down for quite some time earlier... Thanks for the link Robert....

Bookmarked this for when my knowledge catches up with the tools..

Feel like a Woman with a cordless drill sometimes in FSX, no idea what to do with all these tools lol!

LOL- very well said. Well, Flight Simulation can be as primitive or complex as you wish. I have gradually gone from knowing absolutely nothing to knowing very little. Still, it's a process... so they say! As you learn more, you find the pre-flight time ascending more and more, what with grabbing weather, picking out appropriate SID/STAR/Transitions, fuel planning, flight planning, ATC ATIS weather updates, filing your flight plan, obtaining clearance, starting up the plane from cold and dark, the pushback, waiting your turn on the taxiway, holding short, and finally the takeoff! Short flights I find I spend more time on the ground than actually airborne. My admiration and respect for RW commercial pilots has grown immeasurably as I discovered just a small amount of what they have to deal with, not to mention rubber chicken!

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

I've used it a lot. The only problem I had was with the very high Cost Index I get. When flying the 738 it makes my descent profiles very steep.

I've used it a lot. The only problem I had was with the very high Cost Index I get. When flying the 738 it makes my descent profiles very steep.

Yes, I fly the 738 as well- and sometimes that's true. If you have live ATC (vatsim/IVAO) you can get some relief from the controllers...

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg