Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

737ngx cold and dark problem

I went into the FMS to choose the panel state cold and dark which shuts everything off. I go through the checklists. APU has power etc but then my engines are always started and I haven't started them. My fuel lever is in cutoff. As well as my indicator lights show the engine valve is closed so there has to be an error somewhere. Any suggestions?

Josh Scholl

Hi! Have you tried setting up manually a cold and dark state and overwriting the c&d save? That might help, that way you'd know if it's the panel state causing the problem or something else

Well there probably is another way but best way is to do the whole shutdown procedure and securing aircraft checklist and then save it. Alternatively if you consult the fs2crew documentation (which I'm sure you can access even if you're not a customer) it explains what the c&d state is.

Are you sure the engines are actually on? FSX has a sound bug that can make it sound like they are still on.

Additionally make sure you're not confusing the ventilation fans with the engine noise, along with the packs.

A screenshot would be amazingly helpful.

Kyle Rodgers

The engines were definitely on. The gauges showed 95.7 percent on both engines on the panel. I went ahead and did the shutdown procedure and then just saved the panel in that state. Working fine now.

Josh Scholl