Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Just uploaded first FS9 vid. Why am I getting screen tearing?

Hi folks,

I uploaded my first FS9 vid on youtube but for some reason when I watch it on youtube, there is screen tearing.

I used FSRecorder, Fraps and Windows Movie Maker. There is no screen tearing issue on my Fraps captures and the final video after editing on WMM. I don't understand why it's showing up on youtube. The final vid is running at 24fps which is also my Fraps setting.

I never had this problem with making FSX movies.

Anybody have an idea?

Here's the vid if anybody wants to see...

If you don't see any tearing, please let me know. I'm hoping it's just my browser (Firefox).

Just watched for couple of minutes and I'm proud of the video since I'm using FS9 as my main sim although I just installed FSX and used it more than fs9 recently. So far, I havent encountered the problem you mentioned but I'll watch the rest of the video. You state on the comment box you stop making FSX video and I assume you are moving back to FS9, is it because performance issue?

No tearing.

Cool clip, I like the post-production bumps.

FS9 does have aircraft with rounder nacelles in wingview though...

Welcome to the Smooth Sim!

Chances are a driver setting for video playback.... Sounds like the 3D rendering is fine for you, just the video playback... I would look at those settings first.

-P

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thank you for the help everyone. I'm going to update my video card driver when I get the time.

Pretty weird, I kept checking other videos on youtube and the image tearing happens on some videos while others are alright.

Quraisy!,

Thanks. Yeah, I switched mainly for performance. I don't think my rig like FSX very much. If I were to fly a PMDG or any other aircraft more complicated than default, you can forget KJFK, KLAS, KSEA, etc. It would stutter pretty bad even with only 40% ai traffic from UT2 and autogen at normal. The hiccups in fps that happen randomly on my system with fsx is quite annoying as well. I've tried all kinds of tweaks but was never fully satisfied.

With FS9, I can have ai traffic at 100% with add on airports, clouds, etc and still maintain silky smooth performance. With Ultimate Terrain, REX, GEP, etc installed, I don't feel I'm missing anything. I'm also a big fan of CLS "lite" aircrafts and most of them have annoying visual glitches like very dark cockpit windows and weird shiny textures when installed in fsx but work perfectly in FS9.

Glad to hear you're enjoying FSX. When FSX is running properly, it's amazing. I hope to enjoy it again sometime in the future when I get a very powerful PC, but that won't be for a looong time lol.

WingZ,

Thanks. I used the Overland 737 which doesn't have the highest polygon count. I'll be using higher quality models in my future videos. The bumps are actually from Active Camera with default settings.

Phlux,

Thanks mate :-).

Psolk,

I'll check it out. I"m thinking of just re-installing the drivers or update to the most recent one. Thanks.