Sign in to follow this  
T_Fleck

Tri-star coming soon

Oh that's awesome, finally decent Tristar, even if it's a bit lite one like JF stuff usually is.

Definitely a must buy for me.

Guest Mik75

Ooooh, what a beauty!

The VC looks really good. I used to fly their 742 / 743, but its F/E-panel was quite poor, this one seems to be very nicely modeled and textured, might give it a go when its released...

Hi Michael,

Worth bearing in mind that we are a developer and publisher. The 747-200/300 that we published was actually developed by CLS, this TriStar is an in-house development.

Thanks

Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

Looks mighty tasty Martyn. Finally an official Lockheed bird to put into my Prepar3d!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Ah, I am glad you clarified this Martyn because I too thought this was a CLS product and would never have purchased it if it was (nothing personal, just past experience of CLS products), but I will look at it knowing that it is a JF in house product.

Hi Michael,

Worth bearing in mind that we are a developer and publisher. The 747-200/300 that we published was actually developed by CLS, this TriStar is an in-house development.

Thanks

Martyn

Does that mean Aeroplane Heaven is the developer??

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Nope, A.H are an external developer, this is internal Just Flight developed.

They do produce some addons in house - eg... I think all the Flying Club X aircraft were in house, and others.

Guest Mik75

Nice to read, that's making it even better and more interesting!

In House? Is this a first?

I know I have been consistently disappointed with Justflight offerings because I believe the entry price per product ratio is too high. I usually wait for a sale or discount before purchasing the product and even then find I fly the aircraft. very infrequently. The Viscount springs to mind. While it is a competent exterior model, textures could have been a lot better and there are better freeware sound packs out there (HS 748) similarly, the flight model leaves me unimpressed. Far for me to set the pricing, however I would have liked to have seen the Viscount at the 14.99 price point (US Dollars) which would have better reflected the actual standard. Hours spent on creating these products is unfortunately not the measure by which you can assume to pitch the price as these days with restrictive/reduced incomes. What counts more than ever IMO is quality.

For me the Justflight range have always verged on the mediocre with the occasional reasonable model making it's way through. The rational that they are designed for easy or quick up and running casual flying is a misnomer. Even complex models offer that capability these days with their alternative setups.

What Justflight does do correctly IMO, is pick aircraft models that are not mainstream developer choices - and that I support 100 percent. These variations of large and medium piston and jet performers is a good way of making sales - that is why I was interested in the Viscount in the first instance.

So, after all that rambling I do wish Justflight success with this model and best wishes for the season.

The vc and the exterior look really nice, but I wonder if they are going to model the systems deeply.